Amazing moments

Saw very weird thing today. I'm playing the German campaign and in one battle i faced some t-55mv tanks and had very weird incident. My Leo 2a6 spotted the t-55mv and they both fired almost the same time. My tank round hit the t-55 first and then happened something that I have not ever seen before. The t-55 ammo turned about 30-45 degrees in it's flight path and continued on very weird flight path and missed my tanks several hundred meters. Was a small WTF moment!

A short while I though it to be somekind of a bug but then I started to wonder could it have been a stray atgm. I have never heard that T-55 are capable of firing AT missiles but after a quick research found that they in fact do and it must be the reason for this behaviour.

So the point of this thread is that I just gotta love the level of realism this game gives and keeps astonishing again and again!

Yep, the T-55MV can fire ATGMs out of it's barrel. I believe they are the AT-10 Bastion missiles. Lucky for you, since I think the At-10 can penetrate the frontal armor of the Leo. You must have killed the tank crew and they stopped guiding the missile.

Ouch! Now that is a rough way to lose a Leo! I have lost tanks to about every weapon in the Red arsenal, including the old stand by, the SPG-9! It was an Abrams at that, needless to say I now treat every tank I have like it's a Sherman, and I have done much better. I have been playing a ton of CM:Afghanistan lately, and it really teaches you to be good with your armor and IFV's. I think the Bradley doesn't take a whole lot of damage, but what will kill a Brad will kill a BMP or BMD three times over. And those nasty little RPG-2s the muj use are real killers. It seems to me that the AI of CM:A is soooo much better at asymetric warfare then any other CM game. Those guys don't fire until your in the next room over, and with a Bren gun at that!!! Brutal!