patch problem 03

i use CM antholgy 2004 UK

Q; how do i find out which version it is?

troubles; when i try to load patch 03, Battlefront or cdv, and go to launch, a window pops up saying (can not locate; open play dll)

The OPdll is installed OK , tried reinsalling just to make sure, but no better, now at a complete loss as what to do next, any ideas ?

without this i cannot play online, so big problem

any help appreciated, disk 2 is in, but no automatic path...what is the normal destination for the patch ?

regards

highliner

[ June 28, 2007, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: highliner ]

To find out the version of CMAK (or any of the CM series), look in the lower right hand corner of the menu splash screen. The first time that the game is loaded up the version number will appear down in the lower right hand corner. On subsequent load ups of the menu (after a game, etc.) the version number no longer appears in the lower right hand corner. You have to exit CM and reload it in order for the version number to appear again.

To my knowledge the CDV Anthology with CMAK ("Combat Mission 3" by CDV's naming) was version 1.02 or 1.01. The only patch that was released was from Battlefront which should cover all versions of CMAK. You are correct to have CD #2 of CMAK in the drive for the copy protection check. Unfortunately the patch requires this since there was only one version of it created.

OpenPlay requires both the "OpenPlay.dll" file in the same directory as the "CM Afrika Korps.exe" file and a subdirectory named "OpenPlay Modules" that has two files in it, "TCPIP.dll" and "TCPIP.lib".

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the CDV Anthology of CM, so I'm not exactly sure what the 1.03 patch will do regarding a CDV version of the game. It is possible that the files are being copied to a subdirectory within the CMAK install. If a new shortcut is being created after this patch, then it is possible that a lot of files aren't where they're expected to be (because the "patch" directory lacks many files). More than likely what you'll need to do is manually move the files to their appropriate directories - BMP, WAV, the root install directory for the executable (overwriting it I assume), etc. I assume that the default directory for a CDV install may be something like c:\Program Files\CDV\CM Anthology\Combat Mission 3\ (though I'm not sure on this at all).

Cheers Schrullenhaft,

managed to deliver the patch to the correct place, now have v1.03 but cant access it due to same difficulty with openplay not being found, looking at it though, it looks like my copy of the game isnt delivering a complete "TCPIP.dll" file. so gonna do what i should have done earlier, GIVE UP!

So anybody know where i can purchase CMAKv1.03 UK complete on disk, cos im not going through patch HELL! no more........

or rather after which date ,a guy in canada`s got a special edition for sale but he cant tell me which version it is, Thanks again

highliner

[ June 29, 2007, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: highliner ]