New MacIntels run OSX + XP

So it seems there is now a Hack included with the new Apple OS X Leopard

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

enabling you to install on a different partition / disk the WIN XP game system :D and booting from it natively; Mr. Jobs already warned they will not be held responsible for any damage (to your brain? :rolleyes: ) you may incur in using XP, given the thousands viruses and troyan horses around the net...

But to cut the story short, I'm curious to know if anyone in our brilliant comunity has done this, and has some good news to report regarding our favorites games playing under Microsort Game OS on the NEW macs!? :confused:

BTW: WE are the users! Don't let THAT MCP take over your programs! (I've just finished to watch Tron SE DVD! ;) so I know what I'm talkin' about!)

• 2 months later...

Howdy,

Just a few thoughts on the issue of MacIntel computers, Bootcamp and CMBO

I have both an Intel Imac and a Macbook white with the integrated chipset

A few issues with Bootcamp but nothing I couldn't figure out with some help from the Apple Discussion Boards.

I bought a copy of XP Home which is okay and a little cheaper than XP Professional..but it's a typical MS product which assumes you're an idiot, so it is pretty stupid simple. :(

I have only tried CMBO since I have to reorder CMBB and CMAK for WIN/XP, but I have tried the DEMOs for both.

On both computers they look fine...obviously a little better on the IMAC but very nice and certainly playable on my MACBOOK I haven't played a lot yet..mostly just checking to see if it would load and how it looked, but I played a couple of turns on the tutoral just to see if it worked and everything seems okay. Note that it appears that XP allocates the full 224MB allowed for video memory for the integrated chipset, much more than the 64MB OS X uses, so it looks pretty good even without a dedicated video card :D

End result.Bootcamp and XP seems to me a viable way to get back into the CM universe until CMSF comes out for OS X

Any other experiences?

I will be glad to answer specific questions if anyone has them...

All,

I just received my CMAK/CMBB CDs..thank goodness...installed them no problem...I fired them up just to look...when you first launch the program, it asks you which video option you want..I choose the Intel GMA chipset and both games look great....no issues so far, and I was even able to play the LEROS campaign that choked my PB Ti, well one turn anyway, but the MACBOOK didn't even burp at crunching those scenes. I suspect the reason it looks so good is the Integrated chipset uses the full 224 MB video allotment that the Intel website said the chip can access (I have 1 GB on my Macbook and IMac Intel). SOOOO...I was also able to run the Pacific MOD on CMBO and it looks great...I had the same MOD on my Mac version and some of the water looked a little weird...no problem with Windows version...

SO I am back and happy with the CM universe once more...can't wait for CMSF...one question does the Scenario Depot II have operations and how do I find them? Am I missing something...I was able to snag the whole set of CMBO ops and scenarios from the CMMODS website...anything like that for CMAK?

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all for the reports!

I'm just back to normal life after a byke accident, so I was finally able to learn I'll install that c**p windoz on my fav machine to play this wonderful 'game': isn't it a pity we have to submit to the senseless laws of market? I was just reading if you leave a PC with XP Pro just installed idly connected to the net, after 90 minutes it will get infected most certainly! Wouldn't be better to have a native game under OSX, Universal Binary...? If not, that's eluding me: is Battlefront such a game 'Doom' style you have to hook that wide market???

Greetings!