Unit reffiting.

Boche

i guess the war would be over before they could be refitted with new vehicles if it came down to it. honestly it would be more likely i think they would be sent to the rear and another unit brought up from reserve to continue the push

thats what I thought.

I remember when I was little I imagined armies had sort of a reserve stockpile of tanks or vehicles that acted like human replacements.

Now after knowing much more about modern armies and their OOBs etc, I recently asked myself the question agian. and taking into account how quick Iraq or the Syrian campaign finished came to the same conclusion.

Most armies do have have a pool of replacement vehicles but given the cost of modern AFVs, it is very small.

After a day or so of moderate losses (depending on the army), the pool will be empty and there will be no replacements for AFV losses.

A unit with heavy losses will most likely be rolled into another unit(s) with losses to constitute full strength units at some point. This was not necessary during the two recent Gulf Wars because of the duration of the conflict and the fact that units didn't take the losses to make reconstituting units necessary.