SOE / Soviet industry relocation

In my current game, the Wehrmach hasn't advanced beyond the Dneper line in the Ukraine and choose to go for the Northern option instead. None of the Ukrainian coal mines was captured, however the Soviets got the DE about industry relocation. In other words, the industry in the Donets Basin continues the current production and in the mean time a new industrial region is being created in the Uralus ( with no MMP penalty for the Soviets ). I think it's the simmilar problem to the French industry relocation in Call Of Arms, which happenes even if Germans don't capture the Loos mine.

If the event is called "relocation", then the new industrial region should be created only in exchange for the current production. In that case the choice would be more difficult for the Soviets. For example if Gemans don't attack beyond the Dneper in 1941, Soviets should get the event anyway and take a risk to interrupt the current production if they say "yes" to the relocation. But in case of accepting the Ukrainian mines should stop the production ( because they would be relocated ). Historicaly the mines and factories were relocated before the invaders could captured them, because otherwise there would be nothing to relocate ;) Another variant would be, if the Germans didn't go for the mines, Soviets get the event and Ukraininan mines continue the production and a new industry in the Uralus is created for some significant MMP penalty ( from the top of my head it could be for example 400MMP divided in 8 turns ). That would represent the increased Soviet war mobilization and could even improve the balance of the whole campaingn.

Currently the game gives not much of a choice to the Axis player. If the Ukrainian industry continues production after it was been supposedly relocated, then the "Southern Option" is the only correct strategy and going for Moscow and Leningrad first, does not make much sense to the Germans.

Hi Ivanov

I have checked the scripts for the French mines near the Spanish border and they should only fire if Loos or Briey are captured (respectively, i.e. one resource script fires for each location). Is this definitely not happening ok?

What the relocation of industry represents in both campaigns is of key technical staff and machinery, possibly including more of the workforce too but they aren't as essential. Hence the mines remain in their original location and will, if liberated, provide income to France or the USSR respectively. But not without delay due to scorched earth.

In Storm over Europe when the USSR is presented with the Decision to transfer industry, if they say yes then there should be a supply script which damages the Ukrainian industry, to represent the dislocation caused by this. However, on reviewing it there is a small error which would prevent this script from firing so we'll get that corrected. So I'm glad you've mentioned this and that does need fixing. :)

Bill

Hi Bill!

Thank's for your feedback :) Well, the Germans finally commenced the offensive in the South. They captured one mine and after the turn finished, there was a message that the production in the Ukraine was disrupted due to the relocation. So I guess the script you mentioned, fired now and was triggered by the capture of the mine. I'm not sure how the disruption works. Will there be a temporary loss of some production points and then the Ukraininan mines will recover their original values? Anyway they will be captured by Wehrmacht by then, so it's a theoritical question only.

Yes, the mines will ultimately go back up to their maximum values, though obviously under Axis occupation they won't work as effectively.

I don't think the script about the relocation should be triggered by the capture. I'll look into that, though was the Decision only taken the previous turn or was it, as I suspect, some turns before?

The decision event about the industry relocation happened at the beginning of 1942 and the mine was captured at the end of August. After finishing the turn, a message appeared that the industry was disrupted due to the relocation.