So, it finally worked for me with the manual activation. By the way: I've installed the game two times - on my desktop and on a notebook. However, I might have to get a new PC in the next few weeks. What do I have to do in order to get one activation "back" to be able to install the game on the new PC as well? Is it enough to just uninstall the game or do I have to unlicense it somehow? Thanks for your help, I have to confess that I'm a bit overstrained with this license system...

One of the major differences between our new Online Activation System and eLicense is that you do not have to (and can not) unlicense. An activated license is activated permanently. This has the benefit that you cannot ever forget to unlicense ;)

Instead, the new system now allows you to add activations to your key once per year if you exceed the original default number (which also has been made more flexible).

For a more detailed description of the Online Activation System, see the game manual, as well as our Knowledgebase at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk.

Apologies everyone, I'm not sure what the issue is but hopefully Battlefront will have this resolved soon enough.

Yeah, sorry guys for the hiccup with the licensing server. We are not running that server directly, and the folks servicing it are already hard at work. For the time being, please use the Manual activation as I outlined above (more details also at the Knowledgebase at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk).

We had tested this thoroughly and everything worked up until yesterday, so the team is trying to figure out what "broke". It's a new system and I guess there are always some unexpected kinks to iron out at the last minute, no matter how much you try...

Quick update... if you have the "Invalid Key" issue and do not want to use Manual activation for some reason, you can also download the 1.00.1 hotfix from www.battlefront.com/patches. This will replace your main game executables and the Online activation will work as intended.

We are now in the process of updating the main production download, so in a couple of hours (at most) people who download won't have this issue at all anymore, as the hotfix will be incorporated into the main file already.

Just a last question concerning the fixed executables: I'm now downloading the game a second time - now the fixed online activation is included, right? And I noticed that my retail version was shipped a day ago or so - will that also be the fixed version already?

I just want to make sure in case I have to re-install the game in a few weeks on my new PC. Thanks again for your help and this great game!

Thank you Hubert for your quick reply! I'll advertise it over here in Germany as much as I can cause I think there's still plenty of people who have been waiting for those kind of strategy games a long time... Again thank you for this whole series!

I'm now downloading the game a second time - now the fixed online activation is included, right?

Yes.

And I noticed that my retail version was shipped a day ago or so - will that also be the fixed version already?

Yes.

Thank you Hubert for your quick reply! I'll advertise it over here in Germany as much as I can cause I think there's still plenty of people who have been waiting for those kind of strategy games a long time... Again thank you for this whole series!

Great to hear Canuck97 and thanks for spreading the word, much appreciated :)