France's army size -- from the AAR

Is anyone else struck by the screenshots showing how tiny the French army is compared to the German. It looks like they are outnumbered two to one. I think the Entente player from the AAR recently mentioned something about receiving no new corps while the Germans seem to be adding more to the fray.

In terms of destroyed units I don't recall any great preponderance of French corps lost. Does the situation look wrong to anyone else?

Don't worry, lettowvorbeck, don't worry.

Just read the on the AAR later turns.

:)

Everything is well balanced and historical correct.

But never forget that players make decisions during an AAR, and that you only read and sea the situation after someone made a decision (or not), like to spent income for this, or to not shift forces to that (eastern) theater of operations.

:)

thanks for the response. It is good to hear that decisionmaking has something to do with it. I guess I thought more French units would have been hard coded into the mobilization arrival queue.

Are you guys actually much farther along in your game, and BF just doles out the two turns each evening? I am very much enjoying your AAR.

@CSS

In Percentage to the Population the French got a larger Army but not by numbers.

The Russians got a huge army then called "steamroller" but had very bad euqipment nearly no artillery and used that much wireless that the Krauts exactly knew there plans.

Just my 5 Cents ;o)

Cheers

Dominik :)

As the Entente side of the AAR, let me assure you that I agree with Xwormwood in that there is nothing wrong with the force balance. I had lots of French units, but my opponent keeps killing them :)

Hey Happycat, just a few questions if you don't mind/can answer?!? Do you have any Arab units for the Mid-East against the Turks? If so, are they useful (meaning like a full fledge force with a punch) or are they more of the annoying (for your opponent) partisans?

The Arabs can be a thorn in the side to the Ottomans, but only in conjunction with British or French forces will they be a major threat to the Ottomans. Unless of course the Ottomans ignore the area and leave it ungarrisoned!

So for Entente stragety reasons, they are useful. But outside of that, not really. Thanks again for your answer!:D

Hey Happycat, just a few questions if you don't mind/can answer?!? Do you have any Arab units for the Mid-East against the Turks? If so, are they useful (meaning like a full fledge force with a punch) or are they more of the annoying (for your opponent) partisans?

We are now in early 1917, and I have one Arab unit that escaped from the Ottoman suppression in Palestine. It worked its way across the desert in Iraq, and is now in Basra. And as you will see when the AAR gets up to that point in time, this little unit will be helpful. The Ottomans are suffering from bad morale (at least the two units in Basra are) and I suspect that a band of boy scouts could take them now :)

We are now in early 1917, and I have one Arab unit that escaped from the Ottoman suppression in Palestine. It worked its way across the desert in Iraq, and is now in Basra. And as you will see when the AAR gets up to that point in time, this little unit will be helpful. The Ottomans are suffering from bad morale (at least the two units in Basra are) and I suspect that a band of boy scouts could take them now :)

Thanks for the answer!!! Really looking forward to see how your both game ends!!!!! Keep the awesome work & AAR:D