Version 1.01.9122 Available

Brit

Notable Changes:

- Added an image-editor, which lets players add their own unit-images/animations to the game

- - Right now, these unit-images only work locally. They don't get uploaded if players upload their ruleset.

- Reduced the game's memory use

- Bumped up the infantry defense value slightly to make them more useful against tanks

- Added unit descriptions to the unit-description window. (It appears in the right-panel of the city build window.)

- Satellites no longer have a launch range; they can be placed anywhere on the map

- Added user-manual entries for combat and attrition

- Fixed a crash in the scenario editor

- Added auto-naming to airfields

- Fixed bug: the map-overlay wasn't working the map-editor

- Fixed bug: the 'disband' button wasn't appearing when players selected their own airfield

- Fixed bug: the city-list window was cutting off units too early

- Map Editor: Added a tool to change the color of border lines

- Map Editor: Added map-coloring. It makes maps look more interesting and varied

- Map Editor: Added a map-clipping feature to enlarge or reduce the map

- Map Editor: Added a reinforcements system to scenarios

* The Image-editor will be very helpful in passing around unit images and animations. The North Africa scenario will require a bunch of new artwork, and the image-editor packages each unit into it's own file rather than a bunch of separate files. For example, in tests, I packaged the 609 image files for the infantry (various rotations and animations) into one big file, which is much better for updates and user-created rulesets.

This is a nice update. I remember suggesting reinforcements for scenarios about six months ago. I didn't see anything about tweaking the unit build priority, were you able to do anything with this?

:( Yeah, sorry, I didn't get any fixes in for that. In the days leading up to the update, I ended up getting pretty consumed with the image-editor.

No problem. Just wondering, maybe next time. One thing I like is the map-clipping feature, if it does what I think it does. For example can you take a map like Europe and enlarge it so it stretches over more area? Is that what it does?

Are there other changes that were made but not listed in the update notes? I reported a couple problems but don't see them listed as fixed.

Most of the changes are listed in the update notes. (I occasionally forget to add fixes to the update notes, but that's not very common.)

I keep all the bugs and suggestions people report in a file so I should still have it written down. Hopefully, I'll get to them next time.

No problem. Just wondering, maybe next time. One thing I like is the map-clipping feature, if it does what I think it does. For example can you take a map like Europe and enlarge it so it stretches over more area? Is that what it does?

The map-clipping feature doesn't stretch the map, but it does allow the size of the map to be enlarged. For example, I created a map of North Africa, but then I thought I might want to cut-off a 600 pixels worth of map on the western/left side. The map clipping let's me do that. Conversely, I can enlarge the map on the Western edge, in case I want to add Morocco or something. It doesn't stretch the map (in the sense that everything gets spaced out).