BFC version/Russian version

BFCElvis

I expect the BFC version will come in several languages like CMSF does currently. Will this include Russian? I assume (perhaps incorrectly) there'll be a Russia-specific Snowball product and a related 'worldwide' BFC product. Its the same game engine obviously - but I imagine a nasty glitch that might stop 3rd party scenario sharing betwen BFC and Snowball would be Cyrillic-based scenario orders sets.

Just a blind guess on my part. Alternately, both products might come in both languages! :confused::rolleyes:

I expect the BFC version will come in several languages like CMSF does currently. Will this include Russian? I assume (perhaps incorrectly) there'll be a Russia-specific Snowball product and a related 'worldwide' BFC product. Its the same game engine obviously - but I imagine a nasty glitch that might stop 3rd party scenario sharing betwen BFC and Snowball would be Cyrillic-based scenario orders sets.

Just a blind guess on my part. Alternately, both products might come in both languages! :confused::rolleyes:

I really hope that Russian user made scenarios are playable on the BFC version regardless of the language of the briefing. It might be interesting to see what types of historical battles Russian players make.

I cannot fathom them being totally incompatible or otherwise the Russian stock scenarios and campaigns would need to be recreated from scratch... which would be quite impractical. And since CMSF and all its modules have been localized for Russian market by Snowball, I would suspect that they haven't re-made all the campaigns, just translated the briefings.

In the worst case (incompatibility of cyrillic fonts, for example) one might be able to open the scenario in the editor at least, and remove or replace the 'offending' texts?

Then all that would be necessary would be some nice bilingual player taking the time to translate the briefings so you know what you have to do :).