Problem after upgrade to 1.21

I went back to continue playing an engagement from the Marines campaign after upgrading to 1.21 from 1.20 and none of my Marine units could access artillery or mortar support where previously that had been able to do so. All support icons were marked DENIED. I could still call attack helicopters. I had to restart the engagement from the beginning in order to have access to indirect fire support. Fortunately, I had a saved game from the setup turn of the engagement.

I went back to continue playing an engagement from the Marines campaign after upgrading to 1.21 from 1.20 and none of my Marine units could access artillery or mortar support where previously that had been able to do so. All support icons were marked DENIED. I could still call attack helicopters. I had to restart the engagement from the beginning in order to have access to indirect fire support. Fortunately, I had a saved game from the setup turn of the engagement.

ah I've just discovered the same issue. But I had saved it inbetween battles too, and it is still denied. I wonder if I have an older save game..

Here is my take on this after extensive testing, FWIW:

-) All tests RT, WeGo not tested.

-) All my savegames are from v1.20, since I completely restarted playing CMSF from scratch after patch 1.20.

In all campaigns and scenarios, all US Army, USMC, and Brit Forces can no longer call in artillery IF THE GAME HAD BEEN SAVED WITHIN A MISSION (including in the setup phase). Campaigns saved between battles (save after the AAR for the previous battle) are not affected in this way. Strangely, RED-vs-RED campaigns (Hasrabit and Road to Dinas) are completely unaffected, meaning Syrian spotters (and also HQ units as stated in the 1.21 patch notes) are able to call artillery even if the game is loaded in-battle.

Hope this helps. And I hope all you campaign-playing folks are in the habit of keeping between-battle saves for just such an emergency :).

@phil: make sure you are really loading a savegame from between battles (you should be getting the RT/WeGo choice popup at the beginning of loading in this case)! seems to work for me...also remember that if you load a battle in the setup phase, you will get the briefing screen, the same as when you load from between battles - this may be confusing.

BFC, please look into this!!!

Thanks mate, couldn't have said it better myself. I managed to go back to an old save-game, which I decided to replay. I hadn't saved the campaign at the correct time, so I had no access to artillery as Blue at this point. But I completed the mission and continued and it was fine afterwards. There's quite a few people in the same boat, so I will point them this way :)

hi - just wanted to mention I ran into the same problem, was playing the British campaign (mission where you have to defend against a pretty large attack) and now I can't call in artillery (it's "denied").

Don't think I have a save from between battles, which is a bit of a bummer (was barely holding on in that mission with the artillery).

Can I ask anyone who's finished the british campaign if there are any missions after that one? can't remember the name right now, sorry, but it's maybe 6 or 7 missions in, and you basically have to try and hold on to this town while lots of armor comes at you.

If it's the last one, or if there is only one after it I'll just give up on the campaign, but if that's only like halfway through maybe I'll try and finish the mission without artillery so I can continue the campaign.

thanks-

Wburn - did you select the "CMSF + Marines" option during the patching process ? The default will only patch the CMSF base game itself. I suggest running the patch again and double-checking the screen with the drop down selection dialog. This MIGHT restore your missing Marines module. It might also ask you to re-license the module. If it does, I suggest attempting to UNLICENSE the module first (via the unlicense link your Start Menu for CMSF) and then license it.