CMSF Walkthrough

tyrspawn

is it just me or does the British artillery appear more powerful? I was able to completely level the barracks using a linear fire mission with general ammunition, to the foundation!

Depends on how you define "powerful". The British artillery in question is the AS90, which is basically the best artillery system in CMSF. (Should be all the more interesting to see the PzH 2000 in action, assuming it's included in the NATO module.) When talking about a modern artillery system, "better" (in part) means more accurate, which means more rounds on target, which means more HE affecting the target. If said target is a building, that means fewer rounds needed to level said building, since more rounds direct-hit the building rather than landing a few to a dozen meters off the mark. That's my hypothesis about why the British artillery seems more powerful. The other factor is that the buildings in that mission are mostly single-story ones.

In one of the later misions in the British campaign, I used some AS90s like indirect-fire AT guns -- they're that accurate (against stationary armor).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So annoying that you cant edit posts older than a few hours. So YouTube is being stupid, this video may not clear up, in which case I will re-upload it tomorrow.

In the quote myself series because I cant edit my own posts, i'd like to add that the video is finally ready for viewing.

• 2 months later...