Ironclad proof we're being screwed by the oil companies

If the technology exists, why hasn't ANYONE in the entire world put your wonder engines to use? CNOOC in China and Gazprom in Russia surely aren't part of your Western Shell/Chevron/Exxon conspiracy, are they?

What about the Indians, or the Brazilians? If you can come up with this information on the internet, wouldn't it stand to reason that every government and corporation on the planet can do the same? Yet, no company or government has seen fit to pursue this wonderful MPG technology? Really? Does that seem logical to you?

And, not only governments and car companies, but individuals. You know, the ones doing those custom made standalone ECUs, and turbocharging and all the other modifications that car guys do. These same guys that are squeezing 300+HP out of a 1.8 liter engine, and still maintaining CARB emissions. The reason they aren't doing it, is because it's just not really possible.

Sure, you can get 200+ MPG in a 100 pound custom made chassis. But the acceleration is less than you'd get out of a 3 speed bicycle, and they won't meet any sort of safety standards. No lights, too low, no impact/crumple zones, etc. Not to mention having zero creature comforts. You know, those terribly wasteful ones like padding on the seat or a roof. It's doable, but only as an academic exercise, not as a practical vehicle. More reasonable is a 60-80MPG motorcycle, but once again you are sacrificing having a real car for the mileage. Who wants to get wet every time it rains?

Runyan99,

When speaking of the oil companies, one classically means the Seven Sisters. Shell isn't British owned, either, unless there's been an ownership change. Shell = Royal Dutch Shell = owned by Queen Wilhelmina. Maybe you're thinking of BP?

China's duplicating the American highway system, actually expanding dramatically on the concept (10 lane highway), albeit with more fuel efficient cars. The Indians are working quite hard on a number of New Energy devices, to include the Tewari motor, developed by one of their own. http://www.tewari.org/ Note the reviewers' responses.

There was also a recent foray into microcars via Tata Motors. The microcar is called the Nano, and there's also a compressed air car called the OneCAT. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_Motors

The Perendev device is in production http://www.zpenergy.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2241

As noted in the article I provided, the Japanese have been quite active, too, but are running into both domestic (Yakuza) and U.S. interference (special magnet import prohibition).

This is but the tip of the iceberg. Here in the U.S., Hybra-Drive, LLC is running a hydraulic hybrid drive Hummer in improved mobility tests for the Army. Power is provided to the hydraulic motors and fluid transmission via a 6.5 HP gas engine. I think the mass consciousness is changing, making people more receptive to new ideas. That and the murderous gas prices which are crippling many families and businesses!

Regards,

John Kettler

The seven sisters no longer exist, since a lot of them have merged with each other.

Two of the seven were not US companies, Royal Dutch Shell, and BP and its predecessors.

Today there are the big six, half of them again not US.

Royal Dutch Shell is a joint British/Netherlands company, which used to have HQs in both Den Haag and London.

BP/Amoco is a British-American company, with HQ in Britain.

Total is, like, totally French.

Exxon/Mobile is US.

Chevron is US.

ConocoPhilips is US.

If you want to make it seven, throw in Statoil/Hydro, state-owned Norwegian company, biggest offshore operator in the world, with revenues of about 105 bn USD.

All the best

Andreas

Andreas,

Do you by any chance have a market share breakdown or sales in a common frame of reference so I can see who has what horsepower in the revised system? The article I provided shows the U.S. companies, at least, to be very good at heading off, buying out (and worse) emerging energy competition. Someone even wrote a book, called STEALING THE SUN, on how Big Oil managed to gut the drive for solar power arising during the Gas Crisis in the Seventies.

Regards,

John Kettler

Amazing how all those car guys, on all the various forums, and with all manner of make and model cars can't seem to come up with anything like that. They get more power, better mileage (but not by huge amounts) and better drivability, but no one gets 100 MPG. Must be every one of us is brainwashed.

yeah, wtf is up with that? I keep hearing about how engine performance (mpg) is improving from year to year for the past 30 years. Yet, when i see commercials for cars they brag about how they can get an incredible 30mpg! I was getting 30mpg in my 1969 VW bug! LOL

I need to look this up!

rleete and Patrocles,

I suspect an investigation of average vehicle weight might be informative. I expect you'll see that a lot of simple, economical to operate, relatively lightweight cars have become a great deal bigger and beefier, negating the mileage improvements. Also, the performance oriented types are, in my experience, far more concerned with squeezing out horsepower than they are with metering out fuel in the smallest amounts possible.

There are exceptions here and there. Have read some blistering posts about Prius drivers and the joys of being stuck behind them. Also, there's an X-Prize for the first 100 mp.g. vehicle produced in significant quantities. Believe the competitors have to build over 100 limited production models in order to enter.

Regards,

John Kettler