Introducing Battle Creek

Chilibird

Howdy all,

I've finally finished work on my Battle Creek scenario. Thanks go out to everyone who helped me out.

Anywho, the scenario itself is set on one of the few land bridges leading across the Hopewell River. Obviously, since it cannot be destroyed as easilly a as a normal bridge, this makes it a vital strategic control point. However, due to Battle Creek's proximity to the Ocean, morning fog is a regular occurance, and will be in this battle.

Also, in addition to vision restrictions, I've created a new gametype. King of the Hill. Like many other versions of this type, control is won by holding the center hill of the bridge. However, at the same time that you can hold it, so can your enemy, so you want to be sure to set up an effective perimiter around the base, so they aren't gaining points, either. Every 60 seconds, your team will gain 1 point for holding the hill. Obviously, at the end of the time limit, the team with the most points wins. Both teams are able to place units during the Deployment Phase, no niether team will have the advantage in attempting to control the hill. Obviously, the new dropships will play greatly into this, because point drops aren't as easy anymore.

You need to have a force that is coordinated enough to maintain its battle lines to control the hill, while at the same time protecting those helping to fortify it. Communication will be vital, since fog will obscure your vision. Be sure it's an enemy you're firing at, and that you can actually hit them!

Enjoy guys, and let me know what you think!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WH0Q2MTW

There is one odd bug I may have run into, though I can't seem to duplicate it, making me think it was just a brain fart on my computers part. When I tried to drop a vehicle during the deployment phase, it started flying around like crazy. I can't get it to do it again, but if anyone can, let me know.

Iceman I've experienced similar bugs both in Demo and later in retail versions. I think it is just a random glitch. I had an Apollo 120 flying circles around the map while turning end over end and descending until it crashed into a mountain. It actually looped from one side to the other as it passed over the edge of the world. It was as if the drop was a decaying orbit. Is this what you found?

Are you fully updated?

Also, was this SP or MP?

Great concept, but it ran REALLY poorly on my system. I think it was the blue fog that did it.

I admit that I've got most of the Graphic options up, but it runs fine on the other scenarios.

What little I was able to play, it struck me as a really interesting scenario.

• 2 weeks later...