A question on concurrent battles

Pinetree

Say you've got 2 battles going on in CMBB in the same CMMC turn on maps that are adjacent to each other in the CMMC map.Are you able to move units off one map and join as reinforcements on the other one?I'm guessing no to individual units(due to no-splitting) but what about small-sized ME's?

[ October 30, 2005, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Pinetree ]

Originally posted by Pinetree:

Say you've got 2 battles going on in CMBB in the same CMMC turn on maps that are adjacent to each other in the CMMC map.Are you able to move units off one map and join as reinforcements on the other one?I'm guessing no to individual units(due to no-splitting) but what about small-sized ME's?

No. If you pull forces off, they are in transit until the next hour. Remember, once the battles are initiated, they can't have an impact on each other (otherwise, it would require them to be played synchronised - I don't see how that could ever work.

Originally posted by Pinetree:

And another one while I'm here,Is the CMMC map able to be updated with new terrain features during the game? i.e. to simulate your recce elements giving you feedback on terrain etc.

Afraid not. You can see the general shape of the terrain from the start. The only thing that might change is the enemy that are in it, and the ground condition.

Originally posted by General Bolt:

Was the question ever answered about CMBB map damage remaining from one battle to the next?

What if the 2 battles don't take place on sequential CMC turns?

That would be pretty important especially in relation to Urban warfare. It would be pretty strange if that factory you flattened in the last battle showed up in tip top shape in the next battle! :eek:

No. If you pull forces off, they are in transit until the next hour. Remember, once the battles are initiated, they can't have an impact on each other (otherwise, it would require them to be played synchronised - I don't see how that could ever work.
Doh!I see your point.I was on the mistaken assumption that CMC updates every minute,not every 60 minutes(or so).

Afraid not. You can see the general shape of the terrain from the start. The only thing that might change is the enemy that are in it, and the ground condition.
Ah well,probably would've been a nightmare to code anyway :D