WAW Problem: Gamespeed is way to slow

This is just the easiest implementation otherwise there would be much more graphics to implement for all the different layering combinations... too many that I wouldn't even want to think about it. That and it might slow down the game from another angle as it would require that much more video information to be stored in memory regardless if it is being currently used in game.

Essentially layers may slow things down because it is just more items for the game engine to draw. This may not have been as noticeable in SC2 but since we have more layers just think of it like an artist that needs to draw that much more on the screen in a short period of time while you are trying to scroll the map etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am running on a Intel dualcore + 1920/1200 + GEForce something and my problem is not with the scroll delay or unit display but with the time needed for the AI to complete its turn (about 9mn in 1944). Maybe to many units ? I tried the F3 but it opens Works which is not really of great help. Otherwise I noticed again a great improvement with the AI, as I was defeated by the allieds (1st time since I play the game without changing experience & difficulty levels). Many unexpected attacks make the game much more fun!