The Panzer Counts Ostfront

Hi All

On the 7th August 2006, 64 years to the day the actual operation was initiated, we will be releasing the second scenario in The Panzer Counts Ostfront series - "Strachwitz at Kalach August 42" for playtesting at The Proving Grounds.

On August 7, 1942 during “Case Blue”the 16 th Panzer Division with Strachwitz's panzer battalion as the tip, spots an intact bridge over the Liska river at Ostrov and lunges toward it. The attack will commence at dawn on the 8 th . They have their orders: Panzers forward!

You can read more about it here

Whilst researching this action we discovered that two Soviet tank aces were also involved in the ensueing tank battle Lt. Solovyev, who was a KV commander, and V.Khazov who served in a T-34.

On the page there is a short video clip where the game emulates real life. The KV of Lt Solovyev takes out a platoon of Panzer IIIs - note the AI was the Soviets and I'd no idea who the CO of the tank was till the game ended and low and behold the pixel Soviet tank ace appeared. Amazing coincidence!

Will keep you updated.

Cheers fur noo

George Mc

[ July 29, 2006, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: George Mc ]

Great clip. Nice sound track.

I'm playing the Russians in Dubno. Very tough go indeed. Hope to finish Battle 1 this weekend.

I am pushing into Ptich. My KV 2 destroyed 4 buildings. I wasn't even aiming for them. Which just goes to show those damn "conscripts" couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if they were aiming for it. That should give you an idea of how I'm doing! :eek:

Edit... corrected name of town.

I'll write a B1 AAR for you on TPG. Hopefully not too many extra turns.

[ August 05, 2006, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Bannon DC ]

Originally posted by Bannon DC:

Great clip. Nice sound track.

I'm playing the Russians in Dubno. Very tough go indeed. Hope to finish Battle 1 this weekend.

I am pushing into Pinsk. My KV 2 destroyed 4 buildings. I wasn't even aiming for them. Which just goes to show those damn "conscripts" couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if they were aiming for it. That should give you an idea of how I'm doing! :eek:

Playing the germans (vs. AIP) and now into battle 2. Tough going as well. Those darn KV tanks... :eek: ..looks like I should avoid this particular KV2 if I see it :D