THE SC WORLD CHAMPION LADDER : Mars 2003

zappsweden

Rambo (allies) beats Iron Ranger with a bid of 150mpps. Rambo used the double gambit to perfection and starting spawning corps everywhere using the money from the Itialian citys - Axis couldn't advance at this point.

Suggestions for attacking the gambit:

Be carefull of sending units in transports after the attack - allies rule the med

Your going to need more money - you might want to attack Yugo since the % readness will have droped alot. Norway if you think you can get past the British navy or Hungery/Greece.

You need to move fast before a defence can be set in the south - once all the river hex and Mt hex have entrenched units your done.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a bid of 100 Liam<axis> defeats Gandalf<allies>

Game: in Opponent English Finder

SC For Fun Or Ladder March 13th 2003 12:56AM

Game is specifically chose by me to be Ladder

Gandalf concedes after beginning of Barbarossa GG for me

Gandalf said he had forgot to post and since I haven't recieved credit for my last incident of non-postings I have recorded my E-mail I wrote to Gandalf

Subj: Re: SC Ladder game

Date: 3/14/2003 3:51:23 AM Eastern Standard Time

To: XLiamV@aol.com

Sent from the Internet (Details)

go ahead and report it if you want i thought i had sorry

----- Original Message -----

To: dd1@gci.net

Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 10:50 PM

Subject: Re: SC Ladder game

Hey Gandalf, umm just a reminder..You never reported our game in the March Ladder listing...Liam

Iron Ranger loses to Irish Gaurds (axis) bid was 150

Rather disapointing to see Germany roll right through Moscow when all the axis controled citys are at 0 (partisans 4 turns in a row) and you have a L6 entrechment.

Once again this game reinforces that the Allies need to play a 'perfect' game to have a chance and get lucky in Tech. L3 german jets vs L1 or L0 is a killer.

Be both played mistake free till I 'burped' during the third turn (didn't retreat fast enough) of the attack on Russia and lost 6 corps and 1 army. After that I couldn't plug my holes and purchase HQs - so contious retreat to the end. No stand at Stalingrad!

first of all, i think u r retarded or something, email to hubert? email what? the game u have hosted? u were all the game asking stupid questions as if i were cheating!!!! how could u buy a tank an a HQ for france? how many ships u have? well as i told u, u r retarded, u dont know what disband is, u dont know how much money LC gives, u dont know how many ships Uk and france have. Conclusion: retarded.

And if u get too pissed when u lose dont play coz the way u play u r gonna be pissed off all the time.

If u dont wanna post yer defeat, np, what i know is im not playing u again, a player that shuts down the puter instead of surrender is not worth playing with.

funny thing is, im so confident i dont usually look at the report when some1 is hosting, but being accused of cheating without hosting says one of two things: 1- is u r retarded, 2- is u set allies wrong on purpose to accuse me later, well, and as i didnt notice nothing wrong with allies i think its number 1 option.

Rambo (Allies) lost to Codename Condor (Axis).

Don't try D-Day in Sept. 1941. Tried that Ireland/carrier crap early, just ain't my style. Going back to Rambo-style play.

Probably didn't need to surrender just yet, didn't feel like playing for 12-more hours just to get a slow bleeding death in Russia to experience.

After going on a little winning streak, I got lazy this game. Codename Condor is tough now, not like his rookie days.

Will bring my "A" game, next time.

[ March 19, 2003, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]