Zappsweden - Dragonheart Game 3 (DH won 2:1 standing best of 7)

Dragonheart

My Second carrier loss was because I wanted to evade carrier losses and put it southeast of Gibraltar thinking "next turn i move if west of gibraltar out of range". But since he already had long range, my best escape would have been "run off in numbers" so I would have lost 1 carrier instead of 2. I was not expecting the transport cut-off.

Now I will have only one carrier for punch in the west so my D-Day will be weaker.

However, since Axis seem to be investing in other areas than Jets, they have L0.

Maybe with russian quick Jet advances I can get an advantage in this game.

IMO it is a gamble not having Jets for Germany when starting barbarossa.

[ June 17, 2005, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

I´m in fact not gambling but i got no advance in jet-tech so far :( ...only LR ...

From the stratetical sight jet 0 is good as long you are not 1 or 2 levls behind as killing of russian units is cheaper. Better to reinforce Jet 0 AF´s then to reinforce Jet 2 AF´s. But when getting far behind in jet tech this will become critical.

2 techs level below suck ... unless you have 3-4 star fighters ... only 1 tech behind is ok, it won't matter that much.

@Zappling - seems DH is a tough cake to eat these days, eh? smile.gif

The answer to the norhtern polish breakthru (with air) is the LC gambit turn 1 :D Against 2 LFs you have probably around 30% chances tongue.gif

I am being cocky and sloppy. Beating all these guys made he cocky anf sitting in this damn heat make me sloppy. The computer room has about 80 Farenheit or 28 degree celsius!

Maybe Dragonheart even revealed his long range L1 (by movements or attacks) the turns before. My memory was so unclear, I did not bother to check all those things.

Here it is quite strange. He is attacking Spain with loads of air, I am placing my entire navy in the Mediterranean and still I do not get the sense of danger.

[ June 17, 2005, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Originally posted by zappsweden:

I am being cocky and sloppy. Beating all these guys made he cocky anf sitting in this damn heat make me sloppy. My room has 80+ Farenheit or 29 degree celsius!

Maybe Dragonheart even revealed his long range L1 (by movements or attacks) the turns before. My memory was so unclear, I did not bother to check all those things.

Better you doublecheck everything in the coming games otherwise the best of 7 will end with a 4:1 for me. :D

The LR i was not revealing i was hiding it ..attacking only with 6 hex range despite already having it......btw same temperature here....its awefull better go swimming smile.gif

Since carriers require air superiority, I will try to get a situation where Axis must operate west to stall Allies and that situation would mean my lost carriers would not mean much.

Slow playing corps grind will not be as good when having only one carrier.

We were a bit lazy with our updates

-russia built a huge army

-trencwarefare in the south

-in the north i took Riga,Minsk,Leningrad and pushed back the attack on Finland

-in the west allies got Brest,Bruessel,Paris

-west was covered with huge italian ground army

-after reaching targets in the north of russia moved my air in the west and performed some airbattles there with manstein and runstet leading

-1 british AF got killed and all remaining allied ships got sunk together with my cruisers

-ground army countered too but positions of us boys was entrenched so there was no way to break them

-1 US HQ was killed though by air

-after done work i moved back my air in the east as zapp went on offensive in the south

-he managed to kill some units but his air suffered badly

-with the arrival of manstein and his airfriends i raped the russian AF´s (Jet 3 vs Jet 2) and his offensive was over

-i had 8 hq in this game covering a huge ground and airforce so his offensive would have been stalled anyway even without air

-despite making a present russia (did not DOW russia again :D -->+3000mpp) russia was too weak to turn the tide

-decision IMO has been fallen in the midgame when zapp lost his hole fleet and 2 carriers near Gibraltar

ZAPP SURRENDERS

RESULT BEST OF 7 ----> 2:1 for DRAGONHEART