22nd PZD series

Battle #2 is posted at proving grounds.

"22nd PZD-2 - Korpetsch"

This is a rather long/large scenario by my standards, 28+ turns. Lots of time pressure even so. The next scenarios coming up are quite different from these first two.

I sure hope Charles fixes that damn fortification bug when CMC executable come sout, it's annoying. I know I know, not gonna happen but I can hope can't I?

Hey George I need to find time to try out your Railyard scenario...looks tempting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The next 3 battles will be set in Rostov during the assault there at the end of June '42. They should be good, and all historical as I have obtained fairly detailed accounts and OOB's. The 22nd saw 3 days of heavy action assaulting into the east side of Rostov and establishing a 3rd bridgehead across the Don. By this time they have been stripped of their artillery regiment and 1 motorized infantry regiment making them tank/SPW heavy.

After that the 22nd went into reserve on the Don and Chir northwest of Stalingrad between August and November. During this time they were given no fuel and their panzers were essentially mothballed in wheatfields. They were largely destroyed in the russian offensive on the Don and Chir at the end of November. Two other designers have covered this, but i'll do at least 1 scenario also.

After the Rostov action, the 22nd PZD's Pioneer Battalion was reassinged to 6th Army and subsequently destroyed at Stalingrad in january 43. I have no detailed information but MIGHT do a semi-historical or fictional scenario using that as inspiration.