Z-league, possible yellow card to player. Zapjudge and other plz read

Kuniworth

Ive recently played against Oliva2003 in the z-league. This game doesnt seem to get finished because of diffrent reasons. I cant reach Oliva neither in the opponent finding forum or SC-forum so therefore I will post what happened.

My reasons for a complaint;

1. In our first game Oliva(allies) suddenly when things go bad in France screams that one of his UK airfleets have disappeared without a trace. We decides to start over.

2. In our next game after fall of France IIRC Oliva(allies) disconnects because of "cable failure".

3. He then wont rejoin the game as he says he cant join my save-game file.

4. He dont reply to my suggestion that he will host his autosave.

5. He never replies to my thread in opponent forum and SC forum that we can continue playin and I send him my save file.

This is the facts of the case.

In regards to your list above:

1) He screams about a unit loss: So do I. I bitch, moan, get upset, & get a little animated. BUT, I don't demand a restart. There's no such thing as a restart in competition (Z-League). Is this a Z-League game? I remember playing Zapp & I was checking my German troops around Manchester & I had a mouse-click-mistake, cost me taking UK & the game. Tough cookies. On the otherhand, MoreWorth, you were letting Olivia start the game over is your fault. COUNT #1: NOT GUILTY

2) After Fall of France, disconnect: You can't convict on this either. My sorry dial-up disconnects alot too. There was an anti-Rambo movement awhile back regarding my disconnects, new IP's, etc. You've got to get more information & a known relationship before making this stick in Forum court. COUNT #2: NOT GUILTY

3) Olivia says I can't rejoin: If you (Punniworth) are posting an IP after the disconnect & he gives you this...I can't rejoin crap because of technical difficulties, that is hard to believe. I've never seen a correlation between disconnects, then can't reconnect. Granted, there may be exceptions. COUNT #3: GUILTY

4) Won't replay to he will host: I need more information? How do you know he heard your request? Did he respond to your request? How are you communicating? ICQ? E-mail? What length of time? COUNT #4: Like #3 about, BUT, more information is need, jury still out on this one.

5) Never replys on Forum Finder: Need more information regarding draft-dodging. Maybe he's busy, not online, in another game, etc. COUNT #5: need more information.

I recommend Olivia posts on this thread to explain the situation. MoreWorth, you asked for a verdict: Not Guilty, by lack of evidence. This doesn't mean he isn't "Innocent", but you don't have enough proof.

I also recommend to "bitch slap" him out on the Forum. Call out his manhood. This should be simple to resolve.

"It doesn't matter what I believe, it's what I can prove. Don't tell me about the Law, I know the Law." --- Lt. Caffey in the movie, Few Good Men

1948.GIF

Kuniworth, I sympathize with you but unfortunately nothing will probably happen to Oliver. I would like to tell you a story about my experience with a player who refused to continue our game or post a loss.

Once upon a time there was a little bitch named Maximillion, he was a little smartmouthed bastard who felt he could engage in a TCP/IP game, lose, and refuse to report the loss.

Now the guy he was playing was far superior to this Maximillion, his name was Comrade Trapp, an man both feared and respected by his fellow SC players. This Comrade Trapp was not about to let this little brown-nosed bastard steal his hard fought victory from him. So he did what any honorable SC player would do, file a formal complaint with the ladder (this was before Z-League).

Little did this trusting player know, the little **** would leave response on the ladder blaming Comrade Trapp for what happened. Whats worse, everyone else actually entertained the possibility that he was telling the truth, even Comrade Trapp's long time mentor and role model Rambo considered it a possibility.

Comrade Trapp showed all the proof he needed to show, there was enough there to show that he was lying.

So one day Comrade Trapp had enough, he asked the ladder admin (lets just call him "88mm" ) to make a decision. As it turns out this "88mm" was weak and had a habit of making the wrong decision.

The next day the verdict was in, I recived 2 e-mails, both from "88mm" .

The 1st one said that he agreed that the little man-whore was guilty as charged.

But the 2nd one said the "finial" verdict was in and has been posted in the ladder.

To my amazement, "88mm" had in fact reversed his earlier decision and declared Maximillion NOT GUILTY.

And that was it, I had been betrayed by the system.

After that day I swore that if anyone ever refused to report a loss, I will handle the matter myself.

I have since bought a Colt .45 (Goverment Model 1911A).

And Mr. Colt is very unforgiving.........

Comrade Trapp

[ July 23, 2003, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

ComradeTrapp --- Camp Rambo appreciates your posts. We know your track record...it's first rate. You have had some battles both on & off the field of honor. You have built a well deserved reputation in both the original Ladder & Z-League. I've got you covered if necessary. "I'm not leaving my Wingman" --- Maverick from the movie Top Gun.

P-Worth --- Notice how Zapp & Terif won't post regarding your request for some feedback? "It's politics man, politics" --- young private from the movie Platoon. Zapp & Terif try to act like laid back nice guys. In reality, they won't touch your posts for political reasons. You're a rebel. We both know they've read this thread, yet won't touch it with a 10-foot pole. Learn a lesson of Life. There are people who want the praise of the World & avoid political conflicts...and those people who stir the pot. Camp Rambo rejects the principalities of Pride in this world. I'll review this case with more information.

Olivia --- Dude, are you going to respond to the accusations? Be a man, reconnect & take your headcracking. If you lose, you lose. "If he dies, he dies" --- Drago from the movie Rocky IV.

Camp Rambo, rests on this case.

[ July 24, 2003, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Kuniworth:

As far as I can see its a bit too early for a complaint about Oliva2003. You started your game at July 21. You complained TWO days later that he didnt answer you !!

From the thread where you talked about the game it seems he had problems joining (it was his first ZL-game, so this can happen) and stopped trying for this day cause he had no more time...

Anyhow, many SC players dont check the forum every 2-4 days. Most come here once a week or sometimes every second week. Especially since Oliva is new to SC you cant expect him to check regularly except he said something else.

Kuniworth, you are playing SC for a long time now. Think about helping new players and not accusing them immediately when they are new to the game and the forum.

If you want to continue your game with Oliva, how about sending him an e-mail ? Or waiting a few days. Looking at the recent posts of Oliva I think he will probably have a look in the next couple of days. He usually posted every 3-7 days.

Dear Terif,

yellow card is a warning sent to a player, it´s not a banning nor a way to ´drag a players name in the filth. It´s simply a way of telling the player that zapleague wont accept unsportmanship and will not stand quiet.

It´s very easy to be rash, that is not my intention. But it is vital that new players know that our league is not a place where you can behave badly and get away with it.

I have no intention of investigating this thing further, dont wanna waste any more playing time oin looking for an opponent when there is lot of grreat guys outthere to play(Leopard, Comrade, Archie). Oliva may be a great guy or maybe not. Perhaps this thread will make him behave better next time, in that case my purpose with this complaint is forfilled.

But it makes me a bit angry that no-one believe´s in what I tell you. Im not out to hang anyone in shame. As an active member for a year in the SC forum I think it´s a disgrace that my complaints are beeing questioned instead of supported. Do you believe my word or not??

Think about helping new players and not accusing them immediately when they are new to the game and the forum.
Terif, excellent point. With Strategic Command being released by Most Wanted Games and GMX Media, we should all expect new players to start appearing on the forum in the coming months. Some patience will be needed while they get up to speed.

Kuniworth:

I agree that new players also have to learn the rules and how to behave. And if Oliva had played other games and/or posted in this forum after your game with him, then I would fully support your complaint. But he didnt show up in the last 4 days and this is nothing unusual in the SC world. Like Bill said: a bit patience with new players is not wrong.

However, I am sure things will be cleared when Oliva shows up the next time.

[ July 25, 2003, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Posted by Comrade Trapp:

Whats worse, everyone else actually entertained the possibility that he was telling the truth, even Comrade Trapp's long time mentor and role model Rambo considered it a possibility.

Posted by Kuniworth:

But it makes me a bit angry that no-one believe´s in what I tell you. Im not out to hang anyone in shame. As an active member for a year in the SC forum I think it´s a disgrace that my complaints are beeing questioned instead of supported. Do you believe my word or not??

I told you this would happen........ :rolleyes:

Comrade Trapp

Originally posted by Terif:

Kuniworth, you are playing SC for a long time now. Think about helping new players and not accusing them immediately when they are new to the game and the forum.

WELL Said.

Edited cause well someday i'll learn to read entire threads before replying. :D

Yeah what Bill said

[ July 25, 2003, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Hueristic ]