Co-op against computer?

Nope. That was on a list of planned features a while ago (judging by some mentions in the CMSF 1 manual), but not something that's actually happened.

It's something you could fake by passing save files back and forth and designating control of some parts of the force, but it's not something that the game supports.

As someone who’s done cooperative play in CM games, I can say that while the game does not officially have a coop system, it is actually not difficult to do, as long as your partner is someone you can rely on cooperating with you, and following whatever division of resources and activities you agree upon. 

It’s a lot of fun..

I hope that that this can be added to the game, probably in CM3. Weren't there rumours or an official word from Steve that they were working with a military? I forgot which one it was. It doesn't seem impossible that they would have some specifics requirements and have Battlefront modify the game engine to add some features. This might be one of them if they use CM as a training tool, it would make sense. Also having a "game master" or a referee that could observe and spawn stuff on the fly, a bit like they do in Arma.

Thanks for the replies all! A game master similar to Arma would be great! And yeah, an explicit co-op mode would be really nice.

On 1/28/2020 at 1:04 AM, Bud Backer said:

As someone who’s done cooperative play in CM games, I can say that while the game does not officially have a coop system, it is actually not difficult to do, as long as your partner is someone you can rely on cooperating with you, and following whatever division of resources and activities you agree upon. 

It’s a lot of fun..

So just to clarify, to do this you can't play online at the same time, right? You have to save and share the save file?

2 hours ago, AdamActual said:

Thanks for the replies all! A game master similar to Arma would be great! And yeah, an explicit co-op mode would be really nice.

So just to clarify, to do this you can't play online at the same time, right? You have to save and share the save file?

Yes, that is correct, you’d have to exchange a saved game file.