UO: How To Take Hostile Buildings

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

This is where careful coordination of the briefing and visual clues on the map come in.

Not all players will pick up on it, but some do.....'Them's the breaks!' as they say.  ;)

Once you start pulling things apart in the editor, all bets are off.....You seem to expect miracles?  :unsure:

Well, sure, but you can certainly set up a competitive tournament scenario where both sides can have known compositions, with zero hidden information pre-battle. That's not every scenario, of course, but I think that's far from a miracle.

About capturing buildings without destroying them, I'm reminded of an old 'down-east' (rural Maine) joke. A tourist stops at a road intersection and calls to an old farmer sitting in front of the general store, asking for directions to the big city. After some consideration, the old farmer replies "Come to think of it, you can't get there from here." Some scenarios (including one of my own) I just can't see how you could take a structure and leave in intact.

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

About capturing buildings without destroying them, I'm reminded of an old 'down-east' (rural Maine) joke. A tourist stops at a road intersection and calls to an old farmer sitting in front of the general store, asking for directions to the big city. After some consideration, the old farmer replies "Come to think of it, you can't get there from here." Some scenarios (including one of my own) I just can't see how you could take a structure and leave in intact.

I think the context for "preserve" or "destroy" could be more important than just adhering to it by the briefing cause it yields any VP. In example, let the briefing just tell a particular building is of importance, cause there´s valuable equipment or friendly POW/wounded in there. The player can make his own mind about that and finally seeing VP for "preserve" at the end game screen just reminds him of this fact.