AAA - Demo feedback - Re balancing needed

Euri

I believe this deserves a separate topic:

I played the Alamo scenario and it seems that AAA fire is just as effective as in Black Sea, which in my opinion is very wrong. ZSU-23-4 Shilkas are very effective in shooting down air planes in the game. There supposed however to be a difference between CMSF and BS. In the first case the airspace is dominated by Blue while in the latter it is contested and the air assets are forced to operate at low level making then more vulnerable. In the first case fixed wing aircraft should be practically untouchable by AA or AAA fire or, at least, being hits should be a very low probability. Before any operation of ground forces in the broader theater of operations, SEAD missions with warm missiles should have neutralized the air Syrian radar air defenses and no Syrian aircraft should be on the sky in intercept missions. If any of us has played Falcon BMS simulator he would understand what an easy job is for jets to deal with ground forces when the airspace is uncontested and they are not facing long range AA missile threats. AAA guns and portable SAMs are rarely a threat.

To make things worse, there are no drones which would allow taking out Shilkas with precision artillery (and correctly so as we are supposed to be in 2008)

I believe this presents an issues that the developers should seriously reconsider re-balancing.