Month and year locked in scenario editor

In the scenario editor why is the month selection locked to  only June, July  and August (other months are there but greyed out) while the weather covers freezing and other weather types you would think would be later in the year?

I would have liked to use the snow mod for scenarios outside of that very limiting time frame.

Am I doing something wrong? Can this be changed and if not why not? It's doing my head in trying to figure this out tbh.

Same with the blasted year it's locked to 2017 I wanted to do some stuff outside of that time frame like 2014 and 2015.

Yes I realize that's when the official content is set but what harm would it have done to make other months and years available in the editor?

Just bought the expansion hoping it may change this or add more months of the year to choose from but nope still June July and August 2017. (High hopes from a map pack I know but I'm getting desperate.)

If it can't currently be changed can we  please have a mini patch to fix this very limiting and annoying facet of the scenario editor as I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds this restrictive.

I'm not expecting new terrain just unlock the months and years slots PLEASE.

If these things can be changed already can someone explain how I go about doing this please.

I don't have this title but it pretty much works the same across the titles.  The date controls a lot of things in the game beyond the obvious - the best example of the obscure relationship is with equipment or TO&Es. If you hunt around the threads for the WW2 titles for instance you will see a bunch of questions like ... 'I can't find the King Tiger' to which the answer generally is because the date, month and year settings used by the player pre-date the introduction into service of that piece of equipment.

Thanks  Combatintman, with the WW2 titles I can see the point of it affecting TO&E's and that's understandable. Not so much with CMBS as its a "what if".

I guess for what I need I can just add my own month and year to the situation section of a given scenario, it just seemed messy doing it like that.

Well I hope they release an expansion pack on the current  RL conflict in the Ukraine not only for the timeline but the models.

Like Terek wolf company  for example with their black furry Cossack hats and  Spectre-"Autumn"(?)  uniforms. Things like the KLMK jumpsuit with hood up which seems widely used by various NAF militias.

Both sides field some pretty interesting paramilitaries and "modified" vehicles more than enough for an expansion.

Just a thought not a demand btw.

TBH I'd buy any sort of expansion on the RL conflict no matter what it contained.

CMBS is a very enjoyable title in the series but I find it leaves me craving some real life battles.

On ‎4‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:15 PM, Grumpy said:

Thanks  Combatintman, with the WW2 titles I can see the point of it affecting TO&E's and that's understandable. Not so much with CMBS as its a "what if".

I guess for what I need I can just add my own month and year to the situation section of a given scenario, it just seemed messy doing it like that.

Yep - that is what I do for my scenarios set in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Yes this is one point that is certainly always been an issue for me. I would certainly like a winter war option for CMBS even if that only extends to the winter of 2017 - 18. Say September 2017 to the end of March 2018. I think everybody could live with that :-) Thermal sights as I understand the technology are affected by factors such as cold temperatures and snow which would certainly be a factor in the Russian winter.

Whether the backstory is that the war breaks out in winter instead of in June or he ceasefire breaks down does not much matter. Either will do :-)

Edited by LUCASWILLEN05