WP round

Why is the WP(willie pete or White phosphorus) round a smoke round?  I served six years in the USMC and we had smoke grenades and smoke arty rounds than we had the beauty that is WP.  WP is nasty and burns all things flammable.  We used them a lot and they do put off smoke when they burn but not like in the game.  A WP and HE barrage is a nasty thing.  You can burn it all with that.

But it does not hurt friendly or enemy infantry nor does a Mortar smoke mission if im correct.

Mortar WP did cause a few casualties back in CMSF/CMBN, but (realistically) way less than straight HE. And since the point of "shake-and-bake" (WP, then HE) fire missions was to set protective structures on fire and force occupants to abandon them so HE could have maximum effect, but we don't have fire or structures protected against artillery fire in CMx2, there really isn't any point firing WP in-game except for purposes of obscuring something.

So my question still stands.  Why is it called WP in game when it is not?  If it is suppose to be WP than why does it only smoke?  If you cannot make WP work the way it is suppose to than why have it at all?  Why not just have smoke rounds.  It doesn't really matter.  I was just curious why it was called something when it is in fact not.

So my question still stands.  Why is it called WP in game when it is not?  If it is suppose to be WP than why does it only smoke?  If you cannot make WP work the way it is suppose to than why have it at allWhy not just have smoke rounds.  It doesn't really matter.  I was just curious why it was called something when it is in fact not.

I don't believe there are base-discharging smoke rounds for 60 or 81/82 mortars. I can't imagine they'd be all that effective, given the size of the rounds.

So my question still stands.  Why is it called WP in game when it is not?  If it is suppose to be WP than why does it only smoke?  If you cannot make WP work the way it is suppose to than why have it at all?  Why not just have smoke rounds.  It doesn't really matter.  I was just curious why it was called something when it is in fact not.

Not really?  It still kills stuff pretty darn good.  We still have "instant" smoke which is very different from the base discharging smoke mentioned earlier.

We're lacking some of the secondary effects but broadly it does what it is supposed to do, minus setting things on fire, which is not really a thing in the game (yet?) for any of the possible fire causing agents.