CMPzC Normandy '44 Caen Operation - Axis HQ

Noob,

You said "I have reduced the stacking limit to 600. Please go to the Introduction page in the guide, and download the .pdt file there. Overwrite the .pdt file in the PzC Normandy '44 demo folder with the new one, before you perform any moves."

Where do we get that stacking limit pdt file again? I looked in the guide for that section and saw screenshots to explain it but missed a link to download a file from you.

@Ian Leslie - I got your PM, but when I treid to reply, it said your inbox is full, so I am posting my reply here.

Kohlenklau is taking over as the Axis CO, and I am playing as the Allied CO. I will be processing the Allied PzC Turn 01 again. It will be done today, and there will definitely be a CM battle generated. You will be fighting it, because Strachwitz has gone AWOL.

Super thanks @Kohlenklau.

Axis Team, Axis Team, man your battle stations. Allied Team says Buron Hex is being assaulted. Shucks, we didn't get to move yet so it is very poorly defended, a small 70 man company and 2 ATG's, looks like Pak38 50mm's. Both with crap morale.

So, I ran this as PzC solitaire scenario and the Canadians bombard Buron with 24 M7 Priests and we lose 1 man and then 1 gun. Then they assaulted and we won. We lost our remaining gun and I think 3 men. They lost 3 men and a vehicle.

So, I ran this as PzC solitaire scenario and the Canadians bombard Buron with 24 M7 Priests and we lose 1 man and then 1 gun. Then they assaulted and we won. We lost our remaining gun and I think 3 men. They lost 3 men and a vehicle.

That's why i don'y use the PzC assault function, it throws up some daft results compared to the same battle if played in CM. I intend to play around with the assault values in the PzC OOB at some point, and find a way of getting more CM like results, then the assault function could be utilised.

I'm sorry Ian, I should have made sure to say I was just seeing how the game itself would resolve the assault. Which is important in that it shows that using artillery during the PzC phase might be NOT such a great idea. It sometimes doesn't do much damage. At least on the first few turns. Like a boxer, the units, ours and theirs, get winded as things proceed and so I think a PzC artillery strike later on against our foes might have a chance to get them disrupted with the big red D. This means they cannot join into the assault which would help us. But early on we should save the arty and use it in game even if it has a long lead time.

Here is a screenshot with the names of the towns.

Page 1 of the thread shows initial posits for our forces.

To reiterate, to win we end the game with possession of both Buron and Authie.

It is a draw if we have only 1 of the 2 and we lose if we are kicked out of both hexes.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y398/retiring2texas/SITREP1_zps3cfc4de9.png' alt='SITREP1_zps3cfc4de9.png'>

Ian,

As you prepare for the battle of Buron, you must know in your heart the rest of the 716th Infantry Division is right behind you to bolster your courage. Unfortunately, it is in a figurative sense rather than literal.

220px-Wehrmacht_716_Infantry_Division.svg.png

You've got the 70 man company at 100% so you get any HMG's and 81mm mortars that normally come with it. (2nd edit: oooh, I am not sure if got any of that fancy HMG or 81mm stuff. sorry!)

Plus you get those 2 dandy Pak40's. (Edit: Strike that, noob says they are Pak38's, gulp...)

And you've got all the artillery in this sector on call.

3rd EDIT: GOOD NEWS!! You have 4 panzershrecks! 2 full platoons with 3 squads each, the 2 shreck teams and each platoon has a Pak38.

Stay alive and on map until the bell rings and kill as many of the enemy as you can. We'll be pushing reinforcements to you as quickly as we can.

6_ss_panzer_army.JPG

Ian,

As you prepare for the battle of Buron, you must know in your heart the rest of the 716th Infantry Division is right behind you to bolster your courage. Unfortunately, it is in a figurative sense rather than literal.

3rd EDIT: GOOD NEWS!! You have 4 panzershrecks! 2 full platoons with 3 squads each, the 2 shreck teams and each platoon has a Pak38.

Stay alive and on map until the bell rings and kill as many of the enemy as you can. We'll be pushing reinforcements to you as quickly as we can.

OK. A village fight with two platoons including shrek teams and AT guns. I've defended with less. No one survived then either but I have had less.

Hold at all costs. Message received. Is there no artillery that I can call in on top of my own positions once I can see the whites of their eyes?

On a more serious note is there a turn already or do I need to do some setup work first.

Ian,

In accordacne with noob's SOP, I made some small changes to the map as the defender, I added a couple keyholes through the walls and hedgerows to try and give the Pak38's a chance. Now noob is gonna give us some trenches. I guess you can move them around as you position your troops. Good luck!

I am sorry but we do not get the artillery since there is no chain of command to this small company. Gosh, you wonder why they are in the VL?

Do you still want to fight this battle, son? If you can't talk, just key your hand-set twice....

EDIT: Oh, you just responded...ok, good. Thanks.

We are there because we move fast and we don't wait for silly stuff like chain of command. Bring it. Let me know when there is a file to play.

British and/or Canadians. Infantry with enfields and brens. Shermans. 25 pounders for support...

Hee hee, poorly asked. I meant what size force? I am just wondering if we have any intell coming in.

Plus, some bad news the turn file is not showing up in my game - I have verified that it is in the right place but no sign of it in the list of saved games. I sent an email about game version...