H2H No Exit up at the Warehouse

Back on the highway for some H2H-only action.

Fictional Company-level Meeting Engagement for control of an Autobahn interchange.

----

Changes from v1.0 -

Terrain adjustments for increased concealment/cover.

Adjusted number of mortars, and ammunition amount for same.

Replaced American .50 cal halftracks with M3 for balance.

Re-organised troops by replacing American armored infantry with regular infantry(plt radios), and same for German force(grenadier).

Adjusted troop reinforcements.

Adjusted American squad headcount in some areas to match forces.

Both Overpass bridges destroyed due to pathing issues.

Americans have less mortar smoke than Germans(due to HE ammo balance), but more 'personal/vehicle' pop smoke.

Terrain Objectives adjusted.

"Destroy" points now awarded for destroying enemy troops and vehicles. Pyrrhic victories are not recommended.

----

Mortars can affect the battle but not dominate it with the ammo counts available.

Gated Hedge and Low Bocage tiles in wooded areas make for interesting options.

Having both bridges down and rubbled turns the center into the Melee Pit.

h2hnoexit1.jpg

sweep2.jpg

-----

Enjoy!

---

BTW ... Much thanks to Sublime for the testing in v1.0 that helped me in my H2H design. Taught me the 'minor' difference between indirect and direct on-map mortar fire, as well as the power of the Ami .50 cal halftracks. :)

---

For those of you unfamiliar with ver1.0, or the way I design...

This is like a Beer&Pretzels field exercise to screen for Lt Col. You have a complete combined arms force... with on- and off-map mortars, scout vehicles, armor and enough troops to recover from an error(without becoming unwieldy).

Some platoons are customised, with some squads removed and teams added. No accidental re-combines(where did they go?), less morale hits from split squads, and you know at a glance what the unit is for.

The map, force and tactical situation are designed to make things as equal as possible. Not historical, but it means the best man usually wins.

Number of mortar tubes and amount of ammuntion for each tube has become one of the prime drivers of my design work. I will work at making sure that artillery in all my battles is the frosting... not the cake. Your pixeltruppen will have to work for a living in my world. ;)

We all push our boys hard. I design for this. Most of your units have 'high' motivation. This means they will still more-or-less function even when tired, wounded and/or rattled. I lean more to Vet/Reg units to keep the action going as well. The only -1 leaders are the ones randomly generated with a split or casualties. Same for +2, with few exceptions. I like +1/0.

"Named" units. They are my easter egg bonus units. You'll see.

----------

This force is close to an Armored Cavalry Recon Troop. You are the ham in the armor battle sandwich.

The sandwich battles are in progress... stay tuned.

---