Which for WW2: WW1:TGW or WW2:GC?

Hi,

I already own WW2: GC but stopped playing it long ago due to a dislike of the very random research system. However now I noticed that WW1:TGW is out and I've started to wonder if maybe the research problem has been patched or modded away.

I see that there is a new WW2 scenario for WW1:TGW.

So if my main interest is WW2, not WW1 - which is the right game to be playing: WW1: TGW or WW2: GC?

Thanks

Hey man, nobody told you naywhing, so i will say...

I would recomend WW1: TGW as you can play SoE for WW2 or play WW1 maps but mainly because the research system has improved a lot, i recomend to buy and play it, u will not get disapointed...

U can get more info in the details of the new research system in the 1.02 patch details in the main site for WW1: TGW

Hope i helped :)

The Great War is definately the way to go, research has been completly changed, it's now very easy to calculate how long it will take to get to the next level. I would prefer a bit more chaos in the research system but it's a lot better than the research in Global Conflict where you never know how long it will take or if you will ever get to the next level at all.

I actually play still both games, love them both.

To get the real WW2 deal i would still recommend SC Global Conflict, as you can play the COMPLETE WW2.

But on the other hand the WW1 game is a blast, it is really that good.

You will stay away from all WW2 games for a while once you started the WW1 game.

later you can play the WW2 campaign, too (even though it is "only" the ETO).

Also, sadly Great War's WW2 scenario is maybe not as balanced as it could be, but that's all subjective of course and what mods are there for! I personally think the army scale makes for far too many empty spaces and holes in the battle lines.

I think it's an attempt to simulate mobile warfare, but eventually I think the mobility happens at the scale of the battles between corps - and line defense was still alive and well during the period vs. the modern area defense doctrine.