Getting CM-SF Licences to work

I've downloaded my shock force to my laptop (retail disk) I've applied all the needed patches but when I apply the the 1.21 incremental patch and the NATO

module it wont start so I did what the help desk said and change the dep settings applied admin rights and when that didn't work. I uninstalled it all

re installed went the whole process multiple times them turning the dpi scaling off nothing I eventually set the licences for offline still does not work Also I made sure all the programs were trusted on my virus and malware blockers nothing. please if someone has more to add or help to give its greatly appreciated Oh and that applies to that running.exe program as well. :confused:

What security software (anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware, firewall, internet-security) are you running ? Some programs will NOT work with eLicense and have to be removed or configured in a particular manner to work properly with eLicense.

What exactly do you have in terms of CMSF, the Paradox retail version of CMSF, the 1.21 'Paradox patch' and the NATO module ? Do you have anything else or just these ? If that is all, then the following is a close approximation of what you will need to do:

1. Install Paradox CMSF game.

2. Check that it runs and what version you are at.

3. If you want the 'training campaign' you will need to download the 1.01/1.02/1.03 patches from Paradox. I can't remember which has the missing 'Yakima' campaign in it.

4. Run CMSF after each patch to ensure that it is still running.

5. Download the 1.10 and 1.20 patches for the Paradox distribution of CMSF.

6. Install 1.10 and then run CMSF to make sure it has updated to 1.10.

7. Install 1.20 and run CMSF again to make sure it has updated to 1.20.

Now to install the 1.21 patch you will probably want to disable any of your security software temporarily, especially anything that has 'real-time protection'. Again some programs may interfere so much that they may need to be uninstalled (most security software will not need such drastic steps, but some do). Run the Battlefront programs by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator" from the popup.

8. Install the 1.21 patch with the above instructions. Make sure that the patch is being installed into your Paradox copy of CMSF, so double-check the path when you install. Make sure that the patch also doesn't install into a 'sub-directory' of CMSF too. When you attempt to run CMSF you should get a license dialog box to activate the license key. If you're not seeing it, then you may need to 'Turn on' your DEP settings and add an exception for CMSF. Hopefully that brings up the license dialog box when you attempt to run. If not, then you may still have security software that is interfering with the program.

Our Knowledgebase article on DEP.

9. Assuming that you have been able to activate the license, you will need to go back to your DEP settings and add the 'Runservice.exe' file found in the '\Windows' directory. This is the eLicense service file and it will only exist after successfully activating your license key (the file is downloaded and installed silently at the conclusion of the licensing process).

10. Launch CMSF and see if it works and if it is version 1.21. You should no longer need the CMSF CD/DVD any more since that is a copy-protection check for the Paradox distribution and you are now running the Battlefront distribution.

11. Install the NATO module.

12. Run CMSF and you should be prompted for the NATO module license key.

13. Run CMSF and you should now be at version 1.30 and you should see the CMSF Stryker and NATO Leopard icon in the lower left hand corner of the main menu. Double-check that everything runs OK (NATO modules and content, etc.).

14. Download the 1.31 and 1.32 patches.

15. Apply the 1.31 patch and make sure to make the correct selections during the patching process (CMSF + NATO Module). If you make incorrect selections you will either be missing the NATO content and/or you will be prompted for license keys to modules you don't own (and CMSF will not launch until you provide that license key). If you do run into this error, then just reapply the patch and make the correct selections.

16. Run CMSF and double-check that is is version 1.31 and that the NATO Leopard is still in the lower left hand corner.

17. Install the 1.32 patch and follow the instructions for the 1.31 patch listed above.

The big issue tends to be security software, DEP and using "Run as administrator".

Replying back to Helpdesk tickets can also help since we do reply back and we don't know your success or failure until you reply.

What security software (anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware, firewall, internet-security) are you running ? Some programs will NOT work with eLicense and have to be removed or configured in a particular manner to work properly with eLicense.

What exactly do you have in terms of CMSF, the Paradox retail version of CMSF, the 1.21 'Paradox patch' and the NATO module ? Do you have anything else or just these ? If that is all, then the following is a close approximation of what you will need to do:

1. Install Paradox CMSF game.

2. Check that it runs and what version you are at.

3. If you want the 'training campaign' you will need to download the 1.01/1.02/1.03 patches from Paradox. I can't remember which has the missing 'Yakima' campaign in it.

4. Run CMSF after each patch to ensure that it is still running.

5. Download the 1.10 and 1.20 patches for the Paradox distribution of CMSF.

6. Install 1.10 and then run CMSF to make sure it has updated to 1.10.

7. Install 1.20 and run CMSF again to make sure it has updated to 1.20.

Now to install the 1.21 patch you will probably want to disable any of your security software temporarily, especially anything that has 'real-time protection'. Again some programs may interfere so much that they may need to be uninstalled (most security software will not need such drastic steps, but some do). Run the Battlefront programs by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator" from the popup.

8. Install the 1.21 patch with the above instructions. Make sure that the patch is being installed into your Paradox copy of CMSF, so double-check the path when you install. Make sure that the patch also doesn't install into a 'sub-directory' of CMSF too. When you attempt to run CMSF you should get a license dialog box to activate the license key. If you're not seeing it, then you may need to 'Turn on' your DEP settings and add an exception for CMSF. Hopefully that brings up the license dialog box when you attempt to run. If not, then you may still have security software that is interfering with the program.

Our Knowledgebase article on DEP.

9. Assuming that you have been able to activate the license, you will need to go back to your DEP settings and add the 'Runservice.exe' file found in the '\Windows' directory. This is the eLicense service file and it will only exist after successfully activating your license key (the file is downloaded and installed silently at the conclusion of the licensing process).

10. Launch CMSF and see if it works and if it is version 1.21. You should no longer need the CMSF CD/DVD any more since that is a copy-protection check for the Paradox distribution and you are now running the Battlefront distribution.

11. Install the NATO module.

12. Run CMSF and you should be prompted for the NATO module license key.

13. Run CMSF and you should now be at version 1.30 and you should see the CMSF Stryker and NATO Leopard icon in the lower left hand corner of the main menu. Double-check that everything runs OK (NATO modules and content, etc.).

14. Download the 1.31 and 1.32 patches.

15. Apply the 1.31 patch and make sure to make the correct selections during the patching process (CMSF + NATO Module). If you make incorrect selections you will either be missing the NATO content and/or you will be prompted for license keys to modules you don't own (and CMSF will not launch until you provide that license key). If you do run into this error, then just reapply the patch and make the correct selections.

16. Run CMSF and double-check that is is version 1.31 and that the NATO Leopard is still in the lower left hand corner.

17. Install the 1.32 patch and follow the instructions for the 1.31 patch listed above.

The big issue tends to be security software, DEP and using "Run as administrator".

Replying back to Helpdesk tickets can also help since we do reply back and we don't know your success or failure until you reply.

Never mind thank you for your help its working comodo was not allowing the

E licence had to uninstall and switch to Microsoft essentials Thank you for help and support now off to play as Germany. :)