Fog effects

FJ

You will need to provide at least this amount of information for help:

1) What type of PC do you have (MAC or IBM)

2) What type of Graphics card do you have?

3) What video drivers are you using?

If you have a ATI card on a IBM computer - your out of luck on "fog" effects.

The problem is that ATI doesn't seem to support fog tables on the PC with any of their cards. I've tried the entire Rage/Radeon line of chipsets and I have yet to see fog-tables in CM with any of the drivers for the last two years.

On the Mac fog-tables seem to work fine with the ATI Rage line of chips. I've also seen other posts from one or two people who claim that they've seen fog with an ATI chipset on the PC, however I've never seen it. ATI does support vector-based fog, which is a different method of implementing fog. BTS didn't go with vector-based fog because they wanted to support a larger range of cards. Unfortunately in this case the ATI chips (on the PC) don't support the table-based fog that a lot of other chipsets do.

If you're really intent on getting fog in CM you're going to need another video card. An inexpensive replacement would be a TNT2-based 32Mb AGP card that you can probably pickup for a little over US$100 (or a GeForceMX, if your CPU is over 400Mhz, for US$150).