Two questions about spotting

OMG. I can't believe how COMPLICATED this game has become. I barely understood what you said as I have yet to summon the courage to mess with the editor and look at what is going on under the hood. :(

All I know is that I played the first scenario several times to see what effect different success levels of recon would have on the next scenario. And it seemed clear to me that the more enemy locations I found in scenario one, the more icons showed up in scenario 2. If that is not supposed to be how it works, then I have to admit that this game system is beyond my comprehension. There is just too much weird and arbitrary stuff going on that make no sense to even pretty dedicated players like me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One concept that can be helpful in scouting/recon on attack is "gaps and surfaces."

This is going to sound a little Zen-like, but think of your force as a stream of water.

Your advanced elements flow over the terrain, seeking the gaps and flowing through them. When they encounter a "rock" or hard surface, they flow around it. These penetrations pull the rest of your force through and the follow-on forces exploit and widen the gaps. As you commit more forces, reinforce success, not failure.