Patching

I'am in need of some clarifications. I bought the "CM Shock Force & Marines BUNDLE", which automatically patches the game to v1.11. Now, I'm going to buy both the NATO and British Forces modules. "British Forces" apparently only needs CMSF to be patched to 1.11. NATO on the other hand needs v1.21. So do I need to upgrade CMSF and the modules separately ? Patches for CMSF states that "Download and install ONLY if you do not have ANY other Module installed!".

So could someone please take me through the steps of patching CMSF together with all the modules. It all confuses me somewhat. :)

This specific article "Reinstalling CMSF and modules" is probably what you're looking for, though it doesn't give exact details on installing some module combinations.

In your case the installation would proceed as follows:

1. Install the CMSF + Marines bundle.

2. Launch CMSF and you will need to activate the license key (there should only be one for the bundle). You should be at version 1.11 and see both the CMSF Stryker and Marines LAV icons in the lower left-hand corner of the main menu.

3. Install the British Forces module.

4. Launch CMSF and you should be prompted to activate the British Forces module. You should now be at version 1.20 and you should see the CMSF Stryker, Marines LAV and British Challenger icons in the lower left-hand corner of the main menu.

5. Install the 1.21 patch. Make sure that you are patching ALL of the modules (NATO won't be metioned in this patch).

6. Launch CMSF and you should see all three icons as before and be at 1.21. if you do NOT see all three icons, then you missed something in the patch and you will need to reapply it and make the correct selections.

7. Install the NATO module.

8. Launch CMSF and you should be prompted to license the NATO module. You should now see the CMSF Stryker, Marines LAV, British Challenger and NATO Leopard icons in the lower left-hand corner and be at version 1.30.

9. Install the 1.31 patch and make sure to select all modules during the patch. If you launch CMSF and you're missing an icon in the lower left, you have not selected everything and you will need to reapply the 1.31 patch.

10. Install the 1.32 patch and do the same as the 1.31 patch.