Waypoints

Hello:

I am able to have multiple different movement types (Quick, ...) in a series of waypoints, except when I enter a building. After selecting a level I cannot seem to extend the movement with another waypoint (I can add a Face command OK, just not another movement command).

Second question, ignoring buildings - Also, in page 28 of the manual, it says that left-clicking the movement line turns the white ball into a pyramid. I just see a white enlarged ball (no jokes please). Why don't I see the pyramid?

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

The ball is only at the end point of a movement path. The pyramid is for any intermediate waypoints.

Without seeing a picture of what you're trying to do regarding buildings, I can only guess. Taking from a position I'm familiar with, let's talk about WeGo on a PC. Each building location can only have one waypoint within it. That waypoint, whether it's an intermediate waypoint or an endpoint, will be positioned in the center of the building location. The TacAI will distribute the men more appropriately. (They'll go towards windows, etc.) If you want your men at the north wall, a face command in that direction will accomplish that.

Adding a waypoint after a building waypoint is as simple as clicking on the next location you're going to enter. It can be a floor above, for example. Or, it can be out the back door. This shouldn't be an issue.

For example, with an 8 story tower, I can order a squad to QUICK up to each floor, face east, pause 5 seconds, then do the same for the floor above. I can create all 8 of these orders in one command phase.

The paraphrased part of the manual is in error. The selected movement segment will have the line enlarge and brighten, as will the pyramid (for intermediate waypoints) or the ball (for endpoints).

Hope that helps.

Ken

Thanks. I can now go in and out of the building with waypoints but I cannot stack commands properly.

I give a Quick order into Level 1 of building. I want to add a Pause. So I left-click the line/dot and it gets bigger. Then I add the 15 sec pause. All good so far I think. But when I then want to have them Hunt upstairs, I click Hunt but it doesn't allow me to set a new waypoint upstairs; instead it changes the original Quick move to the Hunt move.

Obviously I am missing something.

Gerry

Thanks. I can now go in and out of the building with waypoints but I cannot stack commands properly.

I give a Quick order into Level 1 of building. I want to add a Pause. So I left-click the line/dot and it gets bigger. Then I add the 15 sec pause. All good so far I think. But when I then want to have them Hunt upstairs, I click Hunt but it doesn't allow me to set a new waypoint upstairs; instead it changes the original Quick move to the Hunt move.

Yeah. After entering the pause, you have to right-click to de-select that end point. Then and only then can you add extra movement waypoints.

Michael

Gerry

Adding on to Michael Emry's post: In the example you've just posted, you STILL have that movement segment selected. If you change movement orders from Quick to, as you state, Hunt, that means you want to change THAT movement segment. The computer doesn't know you're done changing that segment or adding combat orders to it. De-select that segment, then all will be good.

Hello:

I am able to have multiple different movement types (Quick, ...) in a series of waypoints, except when I enter a building. After selecting a level I cannot seem to extend the movement with another waypoint (I can add a Face command OK, just not another movement command).

You should be able to. First waypoint, you click the building, it offers you a choice of levels, you click one. Click the building again (being careful not to click your waypoint or movement path) and it should re-offer the level selection menu. It's possible that you're accidentally clicking on the waypoint/move path that you've already set in the building.