Help with the Patch

so I bought ToW1 a couple weeks ago. I always says that I have the wrong version of the game or something. I'm running Vista 32-bit. I downloaded the Uber patch and I am just wondering what I need to do in order to get this patch to work w/ the game. BTW I have already messed with the DEP settings as described on the Knowledgbase. Any tips/help would be much appreciated. Thnks.

Did you purchase this game from Battlefront.com or somewhere else ? The reason that is important is because you will need different versions of the 'uber patch' if you purchased the game somewhere else. The Battlefront.com distributed version uses eLicense and may require those changes to DEP that other versions may not require. Also you should be prompted for a license key with the Battlefront version, either when you installed it initially or when you installed the uber patch (if you were running a non-Battlefront distribution).

With most of the TOW series I would suggest running the game by right-clicking and selecting "Run as administrator" from the popup menu. This should give the game the appropriate rights to write in the '\Program Files' directory (which usually helps with campaign game saves).

If you have not gotten the license dialog box and you did purchase TOW 1 from Battlefront.com, then after installing the uber patch there should be a new executable file in the TOW 1 directory. 'ToW_Helper.exe' is a file that is used strictly in an attempt to license the game; it doesn't have any other purpose. Run this if you have not gotten the license dialog box and hopefully it should come up by running this executable.