Bought retail version, screwed license?

So I just bought CMSF. I installed then got the patches from battlefront and patched it up to 1.32.

Tried to license and cant. I read through the knowledge base and it looks like since it doesnt use a elicense, I am screwed.

What do I do? Can I patch it from 1.0 to what before the elicense screws me?

Paradox, the distributor of the retail version of CMSF, stopped support for the title after patch 1.20 IIRC. You can purchase a special 1.21 "patch" for $1 which changes your game version from the Paradox retail version to ours (basically, it swaps out the licensing used), and with that you can use our patches, and patch through to the very latest version (for free).

Martin

Paradox, the distributor of the retail version of CMSF, stopped support for the title after patch 1.20 IIRC. You can purchase a special 1.21 "patch" for $1 which changes your game version from the Paradox retail version to ours (basically, it swaps out the licensing used), and with that you can use our patches, and patch through to the very latest version (for free).

Martin

So when I buy the patch for the game I already bought, does this version of yours remove the need for the CD to be in the drive to play the game also??

Yes, the disc will no longer be necessary to run CMSF once you purchase the 1.21 patch.

With eLicense you may run into issues with your security software or Window's security settings. You may want to familiarize yourself with DEP (Data Execution Prevention). We have a Knowledgebase article about DEP and the changes that may be necessary. You may also need to make changes to your security software (disabling some features, adding exceptions/trusts, etc.).

If you have multiple installs of the game, eLicense will allow two of them to be active. If you have more than two installs, you will need to unlicense one of those installs in order to activate the third, etc.

Here's our Knowledgebase FAQs on eLicense. The articles are a bit jumbled and not necessarily in any sort of order, but you may want to become familiar with licensing and unlicensing.