Hi

There are a few things in the Options screen that you can try:

Untick the Show Moves/Combat option, and tick the Quick Logic one which is further to the right. You could also untick the Messages (AI turn) box.

This should hopefully make for noticeably faster turns.

Bill

If Bill's suggestions do not help you can look at other options such as turning off any power saving features on your computer which affect CPU speed. Also, multiple core CPUs do not run the game any faster than single cores. The only advantage multiple core CPUs have with this game is the ability to run other applications which can use multi-threading on the other processors. Tweaking the CPU speed by overclocking or upgrading to a faster CPU is also an option. I did both with satisfactory results.

There is still a lot of seemingly unnecessary slowness. For example, why is there a long delay between event messages? It seems to me the scripts are somehow really slow, but I guess it comes with the territory when you are a small dev team compared to something like Paradox, the code might not be so "tight".

The thing I'm missing, though, is the single player turn replay feature (show AI moves). I had to alt-tab away between single player turns because it took 15-20 mins, and when I got back, I had no way of seeing the replay. That basically made me decide that I would stick with multiplayer. But the replay would be nice - then I wouldn't mind if the AI took an hour, as long as it was really good.

Glabro, one way to speed up the delay between event messages is to just left click on the game screen as that will pop down the message if you have finished reading it before it normally pops down.

Beyond that there are quite a few events for the engine to process, also there are many conditions associated with them so that there is a variance from game to game, so there may be a natural delay between popups.

For the AI though, since the release of the v1.02 patch I've been working on improving the speed and there will be a significant difference for when the v1.03 patch is ready, up to 50% faster for most turns and that should help as well.

Hubert