[Idea] simple(?) Uniform Mod tool

Smeel

Since I have only basic knowledge on how programming works, I throw this idea out to anyone with the skills to kill it or make it!

Since we already have a modpack with all the different division insignias for the US side, wouldn't it be nice to have some automatic swapper outside of the game to streamline things? Yeah I know, I'm lazy, but the real treat would be to have another interface with all the scenarios you have, and by selecting the specific scenario, the program chooses the appropriate Division, and the starts your game.

Is this possible? And maybe you can't support usermade scenarios without updating it a lot, but at least you could support all the original scenarios and Campaigns.

Sounds good? Is it even possible?

Thoughts?

Its easy as pie as is, just not 'automated'.

Just create a folder named "ZZZ 82nd airborne" with all the 82nd Airborne mods in it, and a second folder named "ZZZ 101st airborne" with all your 101st mods in it. If you're going to play a 82nd airborne scenario drop the appropriate mods folder in DATA (2 seconds work) then start the game. At one point in CMSF I had six seperate dedicated ZZZ mods folders stacked up to be swapped out depending on which scenario I wanted to play.

As I said, I'm lazy ;). Ah but the real problem is that I often don't know/remember which division that goes with what scenario. I guess the easiest solution is to make a simple text document....

But still it would have been nice with a program....