some observations

If these observations have been reported, my apologizes.

I had a pz4h and p5 fire at a church steeple, at a fairly long range, on two sides. Once I got close, I couldn’t see any damage from the 75mm shells. But, what I eventually found, was that the ‘opposite’ walls were blown open. (if blown open, why didn’t opposite walls start taking damage).

A halftrack’s gunner that was facing to the left and looked like he was gripping the machine gun, but machine gun was not working. According to info window, machinegun was ok (green box) but other info window, machine gun was gray’d out (I assume this means not manned). I had the crew dismount and then remount. although the crew is now at the correct facing, the gunner was still not behind the gun and the gun could still not used. Tried dismounting again and mounting another halftrack and although the gunner looked in correct position (as compared with other gunners), the machinegun still didn’t work. Something wrong with the gunner?

(is there an explanation of how to post pictures?)

Some things I miss in the game; the ‘follow command’, ‘shoot and scoot’, ‘find hall down’, ‘crawl’ or ‘sneak’. I understand the wanting to ‘clean up’ the uai, but ‘crawl’ or ‘sneak’ makes more sense than ‘slow’, especially for someone new. Other things; sound levels options, ‘sound tags’ or ‘see all targeting’.

Targeted a stug with a 60mm mortar, when the stug started moving, crossing target at that and I was stunned to see the mortar track the stug.

so,, playing with the halftracks i have figured out that they are out of ammo (7.92AP). i assume that the ammo in the left window is for the personel. the ammo under the 'ammo' tab is for the halftrack. that still doesn't explain the 'grayed' out 7.92. but it seems that all halftracks have some 'grayed' out ammo listed. i have looked thru (searched pdf) the manual for anything about 'grayed' out writing and found none. i would just like to understand this 'grayed' out ammo listing. so how does ammo get transfered from halftrack to halftrack? if the personel happen to have 7.92 ammo, why can't it be used by the halftrack gun? i had gunner/driver 'aquire' ammo from another track, but can't transfer to their track.

so this opposite wall be blown out is a known issue?

thanks

so how does ammo get transfered from halftrack to halftrack?

It doesn't.

if the personel happen to have 7.92 ammo, why can't it be used by the halftrack gun? i had gunner/driver 'aquire' ammo from another track, but can't transfer to their track.

Because the inventory system is rudimentary for the sake of simplicity. Simple as that. You can't pass ammo wholesale between squads, or at all between elements of different platoons. Detailed as the game is, there are always going to be limits, and this is one if them.

so now i have a half track that has '7.92 ap >1k' in white, '7.92 ap 500' in gray and '7.92ap 240' in yellow.

gray and yellow??????

why can't one get a simple explanation?

at some point, will one be able to move ammo around, at least at the bigging of the scenerio?

thanks

so now i have a half track that has '7.92 ap >1k' in white, '7.92 ap 500' in gray and '7.92ap 240' in yellow.

gray and yellow??????

why can't one get a simple explanation?

at some point, will one be able to move ammo around, at least at the bigging of the scenerio?

thanks

The ammo in white is what troops riding in the back can acquire, the halftrack also has access to this ammo.

The ammo in yellow, is the ammo for the machine guns on the halftracks it self.

The ammo in grey is spare ammo for machine guns on the halftracks I believe (not sure).

You cannot shift ammo between vehicles.

Who knows? Not even BFC I suspect. Though I think the prospects of moving vehicle ammo between vehicles at any point are very slim indeed, unless it turns out to be a happy consequence of something actually important.

thanks sp: i thought the same thing, but then i've got ht with 350 rounds grayed out and can't shoot. unless there is away of shifting the rounds.

"...something actually important". like into several scenerios of campaign and some hts' are out of ammo; yea, i'd say it was important. this from someone who wants to clump all their troops together to make them a smaller target. seems to me that fly's in the face of all the worlds military doctrine.