Storm over Europe Campaign feedback

I'd like to thank Hubert and the other people working on this for bringing out such an excellent WW2 campaign for this game and I am very much enjoying it. I especially like the new unit model for tank destroyers.

Although I am very satisfied overall and it is very early, there are still 2 minor points that I'd like to post of which I hope that they can be fixed in a possible future patch.

In my current game the USSR declared war on Germany as early as February 1941. I understand that this has something to do with failing to take all the correct border positions near the USSR, but it is impossible to see which positions you have to occupy without manually checking the campaign scripts. It would very much help if you receive a notification about which positions you have to man to keep the USSR from perceiving your border as unoccupied.

Secondly, the motorization cost for units seems to be a bit steep. The increase in movement speed is relatively small because units already move so fast. Yet, it increases the unit price with 20% per level even for tanks. This makes building and reinforcing the units so much more expensive that it is not worth the investment.

Feel free to respond to the above points or to use this topic to respond to the new campaign.

Hi Wushuki

Thanks for the feedback and it's good to know that you're enjoying it! :)

With regards to the border positions there is some information on this, and other items of importance, contained in the 1939 Storm Over Europe Player's Guide which can be found in the Manuals folder.

Bill

theres more to a tank unit than just tanks that need motorization, so they can keep up with the tanks.

iirc at one point panzer divsions in russia were having to relay on horse transport because so many trucks were broke down. that'll put a crimp in any blitzkrieg.