Can Action Spot highlighting be improved for 1.02?

Playing a scenario taking place under bright midday sun this morning, I was reminded of the issue that the Action Spot highlighting feature that shows exactly which Action Spots your teams are going to occupy at the end of a movement or Face order is *really* hard to see in bright light conditions.

ISTR Steve saying that this was an unintended side-effect of some changes to the lighting modeling that were done just prior to release, and that it would be fixed in a patch.

But apparently, a fix didn't make the cut for 1.01. Any chance we'll see this fixed in 1.02? Not a game-killer to be sure, but hopefully something that can be fixed without too much coding or beta time...

Thx,

YD

(link to CMSF forums thread) http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=85630

if this is still the same bug as in CMSF it looks like this. it was said that lighting conditions are responsible and would be changed, but never was fixed for CMSF as far as i know. read the 20 posts in this thread and see if you made the same expirience, or can replicate it in CMBN maybe.

(link to CMSF forums thread) http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=85630

if this is still the same bug as in CMSF it looks like this. it was said that lighting conditions are responsible and would be changed, but never was fixed for CMSF as far as i know. read the 20 posts in this thread and see if you made the same expirience, or can replicate it in CMBN maybe.

Yeah, that's a very similar issue, though from what I've the manifestation in CMBN is not quite identical. This may be due to the fact that the predominant ground colors in CMBN are greens and darker browns, while in CMSF they are light browns and beiges. Usually, in CMBN, if I get down to level 1 and look REALLY closely, there's a subtle color change that indicates all 3 action spot destinations for a squad. But it's virtually impossible to see all three from higher elevations, and often even the primary action spot destination (the one the waypoint is actually plotted upon) is hard to see as well.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure I recall Steve commenting not long after CMBN's initial release that there was a fix in the works for this, at least for CMBN. I'm just wondering what the timetable is....

Yeah, that's a very similar issue, though from what I've the manifestation in CMBN is not quite identical.

can you change the visibility by loading the scenario in the editor and changing the time of day? if yes its still the same, if it is not changeable by time of day->different lighting conditions, but permanently hard to see, its another bug.

can you change the visibility by loading the scenario in the editor and changing the time of day? if yes its still the same, if it is not changeable by time of day->different lighting conditions, but permanently hard to see, its another bug.

Exactly. While the action spot lighting doesn't exactly jump out at you in lower lighting conditions, it is much easier to see than it is in bright light conditions.

Personally, I think the highlighting could use a bump up in all light conditions, but it's in the midday, bright sun scenarios that the highlighting virtually disappears and it's really a problem.