Ammo from vehicles

I would like Battlefront to expand on the ability for units to aquire ammo from good order vehicle to the the ability to get some ammo from wrecked vehicles. I think its not realistic to have a truck or halftrack loaded with ammo get knocked out and suddenly have to access to any of that ammo.

I can understand if the vehicle is on fire and not having access. How about with knocked out vehicles men can still access the vehicle and aquire the ammo? You can maybe have some of that ammo destroyed/damaged and remove some from the total.

What you guys think?

I can understand if the vehicle is on fire and not having access. How about with knocked out vehicles men can still access the vehicle and aquire the ammo? You can maybe have some of that ammo destroyed/damaged and remove some from the total.

What you guys think?

This is one of those niggly judgement calls depending on conditions that would vary widely on a case by case basis. How much ammo would be intact and how accessible would it be? Trying to figure all that out and a way to code it hardly seems worth the trouble. Not hard to see why BFC decided to pass this one by.

Michael

That and the question of who's going to go into that burning truck and get the ammo before it cooks off... :)

I think 'Destroyed' covers a multitude of states, and the method by which it reached thoses states isn't recorded, so it could be anything between "Almost runnable" to "twisted wreckage from a 14" shell direct hit". Until there's some code to generate a "% cargo surviving" which takes into account the level of overkill used to 'destroy' the vehicle, I think we should just be glad to have the goodies when the vehiclies are still intact.

was the ACQUIRE 60mm rounds bug fixed in the patch ? i.e they disappear from both ACQUIRE-ER and ACQUIRE-E

Ooo! [womble's greedy little eyes light up] Where were you acquiring mortar rounds from?! Us ammo-starved speculative area-firers need to know :) Oh darn. You're talking about 'zook rounds aintcha? [looks downcast]

Ooo! [womble's greedy little eyes light up] Where were you acquiring mortar rounds from?! Us ammo-starved speculative area-firers need to know :) Oh darn. You're talking about 'zook rounds aintcha? [looks downcast]

:) generally find them in jeeps for the US , click on a jeep, click on the ammo tab. Dont understand why the 60mm rounds are never available in trucks or why designers dont have access to amend the ammo load ether.

Until there's some code to generate a "% cargo surviving" which takes into account the level of overkill used to 'destroy' the vehicle, I think we should just be glad to have the goodies when the vehiclies are still intact.

Even if the % was random I think it would be an improvement.

Ami hannomags will also carry 4 60mm rounds of HEAT along with that mountain of small calibre rounds.

Now while I do not agree that we should be able to loot wrecked vehicles, as they are usually burning, I did have a suggestion earlier.

We have crates ... look in flavor objects. I am fairly certain they 'exist' as far as the engine is concerned, because satchels can blow up most flavors.

Under "Fortifications" tab we get ammo crates. Medium points, huge ungodly rarity.

The largest on-map weapons system is the German 150mm Infantry Gun. One crate could give 4 rounds HE and 1 Smoke.

Scale up the amounts as calibre comes down.

Crates can only be placed in a Fortification(foxhole/bunker/trench), Truck/Halftrack(taking up one passenger slot per crate) or Building tile.

Once placed, they cannot be moved(remember they are fortifications), only Acquired from.

Give the ammo bearers something to do, and keep designers from having to put halftracks into basements. :D

My $.02