I know the term Glabro is strategy but i won't excuse for using tactic, it would sound chieldish.

Anyway, think by this way, French morale do not drop if you do not employ forces against them, they resources are up and running from the very beginning, without the German intervention. Economy is not the main point, is the that French can spend it's MPP in tech, troops, artillery as the British, by the time you defeat Russia the brits and frenchs have units, and probably the ottomans will be pretty ****ed and the USA will not be late to join the war.

But we can discuss this or test it, if you want to play as CP 1914 Call to Arms just PM me.

If you do test it, be sure to post your progress here on the forum. I'm sure I won't be the only one interested to see how it goes.

Bill

I'm sure you would like to, but Glabro prefered to satart a game with me as CP and see if i can win fighting with belgium invaded.

I do not think anyone would be interested in this game, but correct me if i'm wrong. :cool:

Well, we could put up an AAR.

Naturally, it's possible to win in France, I just feel like invading Belgium means the decision will be made sooner rather than later. That might not be such a bad thing for the CP though.

Currently the Germans are closing on the Somme. They have lost 4-ish units to French counterattacks. The north coast near Abbeville is defended by a Belgian Corps in exile.

Meanwhile, the Russians have captured Krakow and one of the mines nearby, as well as the town near that, besides the Tarnopol oilfields.

The line is in western front is done for the moment germans are entrenched one square away from the somme, last turn run in All Quiet in Western Front mode, no attacks from both sides, only defensive. France lost 3 corps, i lost 3 corps and 2 cavalary corps in the west.

The town of Kutno is under german control but the selisian mines fell to the russians.

Russian forces managed to break thought the Moravian gap defensive forces e surrounded Vienna, but in an attempt to force the capitulation of the Austrian capital the Russian forces overstretched themselves, in an incredible and courageous action the Vienna Landwehr recaptured the line of train tracks, opening path for 3 German corps reinforce the front...

Nothing new in Serbia, and probably the ottoman empire will join the war.

I might post a screen shot in the next post.

Last turn the russian had to move part of it's army to halt the advancing german forces in Poland, the army trying to take over Vienna had to retreat and some troops got stucked in prague, wich the russians managed to take, but will soon loose.

The british navy moved to attack the german navy in it's docks, but the bulk of the german navy is stationed in the baaltic sea.

Unrestricted naval warfaer was lunched and the ottomans face british forces in palestina as the Italians claim for trento and triest so they will join the war soon or later.

here is the print of what is happening the the eastern front:

print001.jpg By Biffys501 at 2011-09-11

The Vienna operation was meant as a distraction to cause the CP to have to move troops away from other operations & waste MPPs on rail transporting. Based on that it was a success - destroying enemies & capturing Prague was a bonus. I'm always willing to sacrifice our brave heroes in the cavalry to cause mischief to the opponent!

At the moment I'm doing a risky pincer maneuver on the german formation shown on the picture, backed by arty at the pressure point on those 3 german corps at the front (2 of them damaged). We'll see how it goes.

Well, the maneuver was a success and the German HQ is toast, along with another Corps in the north. I botched up my screenshot, maybe the Kommadant will show the situation from his perspective? Italy is entering the war now, so things are going to spice up. They entered war without the decision event of giving up Trento & Trieste apparently? So their entry will happen in MAy 1915. I gave them UK support though, hopefully they'll get an extra corps or something for that.

By the way, the above Screenshot is two turns old. I made a pincer maneuver there in great scale, that took out the HQ and the front & center unit (that had reinforced to 10, next to Lodz) and is making progress at the other end of the pincer. And apparently I'll get the 200 mpp directly to Italy, perhaps it should be reduced to account for logistics cost? A 1:1 transfer of MPPs is maybe a bit too efficient, you don't end up paying anything for the Italian swing.