OMG ..... I have missed this GAME

You'll be fine. I'm running the game on a Late '07 iMac with a 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo and a Raedon 2600PRO.

To be sure, I certainly can't play the game on the highest detail settings, and the framerate gets pretty slow on very large maps with lots of forces. But it runs fine and I'm happy for now -- I'll probably try to get by with my current rig until the next iMac upgrade comes out, sometime next year. Your rig is substantially faster than mine, so you should be OK with higher levels of detail/large maps than me.

As side note, you may want to consider waiting a week or two and upgrading straight to OSX Lion; it's due to be released any day now. Unofficial word from a beta tester who has a Mac with an advance copy of Lion is that the game runs just fine in Lion. To be 100% sure, it might be safest to wait until Lion is actually out, and there's official word from BFC that the game is running fine in Lion. But I expect this information will be available very soon.

As side note, you may want to consider waiting a week or two and upgrading straight to OSX Lion; it's due to be released any day now.

As of now you need 10.6 to get 10.7 because 10.5 hasn't got the App Store which is the only official way to get 10.7.

There may be other ways of course.