What is criteria for battle ending when enemy still has "men ok"?

I recall that a "Global morale" track was incorporated, at quite a late stage (or at least it was mentioned at quite a late stage that BN would have such a mechanic :) ). Surrender happens when global morale dips below a certain level. I would imagine it will generally require a mostly-broken set of survivors, but I think I have seen troops with 'still functional' morale states in a 'View Map' after an AI surrender. It stood out because I'd concluded from previous games that everyone would end up 'Broken' as a feature of the surrender process. But my recollection dould be mistaken and I'm remembering looking at a map after a ceasefire.

In a quick battle my men didnt surrender when just 10 of the 150 were left (all broken, 8 of 10 wounded).

This might have been because 7 of them had hidden themselves on a second floor of a house in one of the two victory zones (this zone was at the end claimed by none of the sides, the other zone was occupied by the enemy).

The auto-surrender only applies to the AI controlled side. I once played on after losing my entire force. That's not much fun, I admit. However, heavy casualties will cause your Global morale to fall so much that it will prevent you from doing very much with the survivors.

The auto-surrender only applies to the AI controlled side. I once played on after losing my entire force. That's not much fun, I admit. However, heavy casualties will cause your Global morale to fall so much that it will prevent you from doing very much with the survivors.

How does one check on the global morale status? Is it meant to be unseen?

I find some of the QB's end a tad too early with th AI giving up. Doing a post game review of the battlefield it seems, in many cases I would have been knocked down to a draw juding by what the AI still had on the battlefield. Same for precooked scenarios.

I'm curious how global morale works. The last two PBEM games I've played, my opponent has been down to just a handful of men left with the rest of his forces wiped out. One of the games kept going until the very last turn and the other one we finally called a mutual cease-fire. I would think that once you've lost 90% of your forces KIA/WIA, the remaining men should simply refuse to fight. I find it pretty "gamey" that you can have almost your entire force wiped out in under 30 minutes, but the half squad or bailed tank crew that are left gladly run into the meatgrinder as though nothing bad has happened. Even if a unit has taken no fire and is healthy, they should really think twice about running into a firefight after they've seen the rest of their Company wiped out.

I have had a scenario where I believed my last two men to be captured with two minutes to go. Did the scebnario end - no it went on for a further 5 minutes. So at -3 minutes with no visible men the game ends. Apparently I have two alive but I cannot see them on the map.

Cute system. What is the reason for this sort of artificial behaviour. I did wonder if its because I have minefields and htere remains a chance of my opponent dancing through them.!

There is also the concept that in fact in attack defence battles the variable ending into overtime is a cack method of assessing victory. I maintain that commanders expect a report at point x in a battle. And that would be when mission is accomplished or no later than x minutes to up-date what is going on. Any grogs with knowledge on WW2 procedures.?