Combat Mission: BO not run with a Mother board "Asus A7V333" and Athlon XP+1900

emef

Hello all,

previous my purchase of the MB "ASUS", "Combat Mission" (french version) work fine with a MB "ABIT BE6" and one PIII 450 under Win2K.

Since my upgrade to an Athlon XP+1900 and the "ASUS A7V333" with 512 megas DDRram, whenever I run the game, a window display the message:

"You have a debugger. Please, close the debugger and run again."

And the game stopping.

Help me,please.

--

Bien à vous,

emef mailto:emef@skynet.be

When you upgraded your motherboard did you change anything about your software setup, such as the OS or any other utilities ? Have you installed the appropriate drivers for the chipset ? I have no idea why a 'debugger' warning is coming up. Do you have some programming utilities installed ? Which OS are you running and can you close down anything that is running in the background (such as anti-virus programs or anything else).

Emef,

Make sure that you have downloaded the latest drivers for your motherboard & for your video card (of course, be careful with the nVidia 40.41 problems).

Also, be careful with Norton Antivirus. I had installed Norton AV, and I could not get my email. As soon as I uninstalled Norton AV, I could get to my email.

Emef, by the way, your English is pretty good. Your English is much, much better than my French. :Dtongue.gif;)

Cheers, Richard :D

[ September 01, 2002, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: PiggDogg ]

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

When you upgraded your motherboard did you change anything about your software setup, such as the OS or any other utilities ?

No. As the same OS (Win2K) and no more utilities that previously.

Have you installed the appropriate drivers for the chipset ? I have no idea why a 'debugger' warning is coming up. Do you have some programming utilities installed ?

No, I'm not a programmer ;)

Which OS are you running and can you close down anything that is running in the background (such as anti-virus programs or anything else).

Win2K... and NAV :confused:

Originally posted by PiggDogg:

Emef,

Make sure that you have downloaded the latest drivers for your motherboard & for your video card (of course, be careful with the nVidia 40.41 problems).

My video card is a "ATI Rage Fury 32mg"... working perfectly before my "upgrade" with "CM: BO "

Also, be careful with Norton Antivirus. I had installed Norton AV, and I could not get my email. As soon as I uninstalled Norton AV, I could get to my email.

Yes, but before "CM" working great with NAV :confused:

Emef, by the way, your English is pretty good. Your English is much, much better than my French. :Dtongue.gif;)

I love my "Harrap's" ;)

Cheers, Richard :D

Thank's. :D

I'm still not sure what is tripping the 'debugger message'. Where did you get your copy of DirectX and how big was the download ? It's possible that you got a 'SDK' version of DirectX that has quite a bit of programming utilities bundled with it. What version of DirectX are you running ? I'd suggest downloading and installing (or reinstalling) DirectX 8.1b. The lower of the two selections on the right is for the Windows 2000 version and you should be able to select a French language version.

I also suggest that you install the VIA chipset drivers the 4-in-1 v. 4.42. These include necessary drivers for your AGP slot that may not be properly configured at the moment after your upgrade.

For your video card I'd suggest getting the latest drivers. Possibly reinstalling them if you already have them. The latest offical release from ATI is 5.13.01.3279 dated October 22, 2001. There are also some beta drivers you can get v. 5.13.01.5016 for Windows 2000. It might work better than the officially released driver, but I'm not sure.

What I suggest at this point is to:

1) Turn off your Norton Antivirus (just while you perform these upgrades). Disable after each reboot too, until you're done with these procedures.

2) Download the above listed drivers and extract them to unique directories that you can easily find later.

3) Uninstall your current video driver (this will require a reboot). I believe Windows 2000 probably has support for the Rage 128 series (which is what your Rage Fury is), so a driver may get installed by Windows (where it will ask for the Windows Install CD) when you reboot. If possible, just skip installing the new video driver if you can (it will be a yellow circle with a black exclaimation mark in the Device Manager).

4) Install the VIA 4-in-1 drivers and reboot.

5) Install DirectX 8.1b (French) and reboot.

6) Install the latest Rage 128 driver from ATI or the beta driver listed on Warp2Search and reboot.

7) Run the DirectX Diagnostic (C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DXDIAG). On the Display tab check the status of the three settings on the left to see that they are enabled or not. Now run the DirectDraw and Direct3D tests and see if they pass.

8) Assuming that everything works you can re-enable Norton Anti-virus.

Hopefully this will get CM running again. If not, let us know what you did and what happened.

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

I'm still not sure what is tripping the 'debugger message'. Where did you get your copy of DirectX and how big was the download ? It's possible that you got a 'SDK' version of DirectX that has quite a bit of programming utilities bundled with it. What version of DirectX are you running ? I'd suggest downloading and installing (or reinstalling) DirectX 8.1b. The lower of the two selections on the right is for the Windows 2000 version and you should be able to select a French language version.

Ok. I test it.

I also suggest that you install the VIA chipset drivers the 4-in-1 v. 4.42. These include necessary drivers for your AGP slot that may not be properly configured at the moment after your upgrade.

ditto

For your video card I'd suggest getting the latest drivers. Possibly reinstalling them if you already have them. The latest offical release from ATI is 5.13.01.3279 dated October 22, 2001. There are also some beta drivers you can get v. 5.13.01.5016 for Windows 2000. It might work better than the officially released driver, but I'm not sure.

What I suggest at this point is to:

1) Turn off your Norton Antivirus (just while you perform these upgrades). Disable after each reboot too, until you're done with these procedures.

2) Download the above listed drivers and extract them to unique directories that you can easily find later.

3) Uninstall your current video driver (this will require a reboot). I believe Windows 2000 probably has support for the Rage 128 series (which is what your Rage Fury is), so a driver may get installed by Windows (where it will ask for the Windows Install CD) when you reboot. If possible, just skip installing the new video driver if you can (it will be a yellow circle with a black exclaimation mark in the Device Manager).

4) Install the VIA 4-in-1 drivers and reboot.

5) Install DirectX 8.1b (French) and reboot.

6) Install the latest Rage 128 driver from ATI or the beta driver listed on Warp2Search and reboot.

7) Run the DirectX Diagnostic (C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DXDIAG). On the Display tab check the status of the three settings on the left to see that they are enabled or not. Now run the DirectDraw and Direct3D tests and see if they pass.

8) Assuming that everything works you can re-enable Norton Anti-virus.

Hopefully this will get CM running again. If not, let us know what you did and what happened.

Well... Thanks for all

Originally posted by Wally's World:

emef:

I just received my new PC with that same motherboard but with a XP 1800+ chip. CMBO runs great on it.

Hello wally's World

What's your bios version ?

For reference I'm using the 28.20 nVidia driver for my GeForce4 card and also DirectX 8.1 that came with the motherboard driver CD.

Thank you.