2 quick questions

1. If you are completely insane you could try the Peng challenge but i'd advise against it.

There is an Opponent finder forum as well on this site.

There is also, the Scenario Depot, The Few Good Men and a number of other sites for opponents. Try Googling Combat Mission Scenarios.

2. Yes

1. http://www.battlefront.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=76

For clubs to join and people to meet. Please note that some people put their e-mail address in clear. This is totally not good. Particularly as BF provide a method to contact other forumites using their names : )

Another thing to bear in mind is actually providing at least a continent where you live in your details helps people work out if the hours are good for playing. I don't mean just TCP/IP but PBEM also. In my case I am home all the time so time zones are not that important. For those that work it can be.

I play in WeBoB which is one of the clubs. We are what goes by the name of a non-ladder club and are not overly competitive in terms of same points per side , strict parameters etc etc. There may be other clubs. Mileage may vary. Height limits apply.

Some clubs grew up because some players in CM*1's early years would ditch games when they started losing. This is very bad form. Clubs hopefully weed out those people. And also the incredibly rare cheat.

So there is a quick answer. :)

2. Target it is.

2 :( too bad

Can someone remind me what was so much better about having a separate LOS-finding function? My recollection (and I freely admit it may be faulty) was that the LOS tool in x1 just drew a line from the selected unit and told you whether the point your mouse was over was in LOS or not, and something about what was blocking it, by colour change. exactly like the targetting mode does in x2. And you couldn't use it from the future position of your unit. What am I forgetting?

Yeah, it's confusing, BUT if you issue a movement order you can select any waypoint in that order and check LOS by choosing "target" from that waypoint. The odd thing is that the "target" line will graphically originate from the unit, but it is checking LOS from the waypoint selected.