Kill percentage

I'm not after an exact percentage, but rather a rough estimate whether a shot is worth taking or not (especially if it gives your position away). This would be based on the crew's experience and the exactness of spotting the target.

I'm not after an exact percentage, but rather a rough estimate whether a shot is worth taking or not (especially if it gives your position away). This would be based on the crew's experience and the exactness of spotting the target.

That's a pretty big ask. There's nothing in the engine to supply any numbers to an algorithm to even begin calculating that.

In this regard, what differs in the CM*2 engine from CM*1?

I believe the difference is that CMx1 calculated the hit chance. As in (oversimplified of course) if veteran add another 5% to the hit chance. And then throws a dice to determine whether something would get hit before the round even leaves the barrel.

In CMx2, they calculate the quality of the input information for the gunner. As in (again oversimplified) if veteran gunner the aimpoint will be more optimal, he can adjust for range better, etc... + random stuff like dispersion of the gun

Once that's done, the round is "fired" and if it intersects the polygon of the enemy tank, it's a hit otherwise not (the physics that goes a long with the flight paths is also taken into account).

So the game doesn't know at all if the round will hit or not, and doesn't know what hit percentage will be.

In this regard, what differs in the CM*2 engine from CM*1?

I think the biggest difference is that the shooting unit knows next to nothing about the target. It has no information about cover status, movement speed, size It just aims at the nominal centre of mass.