What am I suppose to do about Bunkers?

Hello,

I've been playing the Road to Monteburg campaign feverishly since I recieved the game. I love this game so far, and I know there's a lot more to go. So far this campaign is the only part I've played, so I know there's still a lot more for me to discover.

However, among the few things that's irked me,

I cannot for the life of my little troops destroy bunkers.

This issue has made the "le Ham" scenerio nearly impossible. With a lined defense of bunkers, and a few more spread out; they're absolutely devastating to my troops. It seems to me the only way to destroy them is to get my troops physically behind them, and then shoot at them for almost the entirety of their ammunition.

I've had 80mm and 60mm mortars land directly on their tops with no results. Bazooka's firing both into their front, rear, and sides with no effect too. Penetration from both my bazooka's and machine guns are so common that it's just depressing to watch the Mg42 spit out another lance of tracers and watch poor Sgt. Bloggins with 2nd Squad be eaten alive.

In the scenerio mentioned above, I've had the 240mm guns and 105mm mortars have shells land so close to the bunkers that the ground underneath has shifted just on their edges, and yet they shoot happily away at anything that moves.

I'm stumped. This scenerio has me thinking even at night...what do I do?

What's the secret?

The road to montebourg campaign definitely got me acquainted with bunkers. :) If you've only got infantry I think bazookas are probably the best way. It sounds like you've had some bad luck there to be honest, haven't seen many bunkers survive more than two\three hits on them. Only problem is getting them in close enough to make every shot count. Machine guns are next, preferably two of them at once. Might take a long time to knock out a bunker with them but it is possible. They'll usually do a good job of suppressing the occupants too, which can also help with getting your bazookas in close enough. Never had any luck using mortars on them. Don't forget about using smoke to neutralise them either. Anyway, good luck!

The issue with flanking them is that there are mine fields on both sides preventing that. If not the mine fields, the smaller bunker line has a section + with MG covering it.

This scenerio I have to say has had me stumped the most. If I were a real commander, I would probobly be discharged for the number of pixeltruppen slain