Bundle install issue

Howdy,

I purchased a copy of CMSF and the CMSF marines-brits-nato bundle. I installed CMSF and licensed it, it worked fine. I then installed the bundle and then licensed it. It starts up and works fine except all the Marine scenarios/content is greyed out, though I observed the Marine setup executable installing. Apparently the single bundle ;license code took for everything but the Marines. Any advice?

I only have two license here CMSF and bundle

Los

After installing the 'Marines + British Forces + NATO' triple bundle, did it only request the license key once when you launched CMSF or did it do it twice ? I'm not sure if the following will work, but you may want to try it:

Open up the Windows Explorer file manager and go to the directory where CMSF is installed. Copy (do not "move", but "copy") the files 'msvcr71.dll' and 'elicen40.dll' to the 'Modules' subdirectory. If this action is blocked and you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, then you will need to close up Windows Explorer file manager and launch it again by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator". If that was necessary, then repeat the attempt to copy the 'msvcr71.dll' and 'elicen40.dll' files to the 'Modules' subdirectory. Once this has been done open up the Modules subdirectory and find the 'CMSF Marines Module.exe' file. If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, then right-click on this file name and select "Run as administrator" (if your running Windows XP, just double-click on the file). Hopefully this may bring up the licensing dialog box for the Marines module (the background image to the license dialog box should be the 'Eagle, Globe and Anchor'). Hopefully this will activate the Marines module.

• 4 weeks later...

OK I'm back at this silliness again. I had to reinstall the OS (win7) on this new machine. Installed CMSF licensed it and started it, it worked fine. Then installed NATO bundle per directions and licensed it apparently without issue. WHen starting it had Marines and UK forces greyed out. Copied over the DLLs per above to module directory, selected each module executable to allow run as administrator. WHen I try and start game it keeps asking for Marines and British license then hangs. (Oddly enough CM:Normandy has none of these issues)

Los

CMBN doesn't have any modules yet AND it uses a different copy-protection system.

I suggest going to the 'Modules' directory and right-clicking the Marines executable and selecting "Run as administrator" from the popup menu. This should hopefully bring up the licensing dialog box for the Marines module. Attempt to license this and see if it works (or hangs, as you've been experiencing). If it works, then do the same for the British Forces executable.

Did you have to add DEP settings for the CMSF in the past ? If you did, then you may need to re-add them to get things working properly. Usually ALL eLicense games/modules would need to be setup in DEP if it is necessary. If you run any eLicense games and they work fine without DEP settings, then DEP should NOT be necessary.