TC reluctant to button up

Several times now one or more of my Shermans have come under machine gun fire with multiple hits on the tank including the turret. The TC does not button up until a "penetrating" hit occurs. He then buttons up and backs away out of sight of the MG. Seems to me like he would button up sooner. Any body else notice this?

Several times now one or more of my Shermans have come under machine gun fire with multiple hits on the tank including the turret. The TC does not button up until a "penetrating" hit occurs. He then buttons up and backs away out of sight of the MG. Seems to me like he would button up sooner. Any body else notice this?

There is a "protected" observation position short of full exposure when the TC attempts to use the .50. I have seen some maintain this position for a bit, but if the volume of fire is enough, they will drop all the way into the turret. I had one that came under ATG fire and the TC popped up to use the .50. Bad move as the following round killed him.

There is a "protected" observation position short of full exposure when the TC attempts to use the .50. I have seen some maintain this position for a bit, but if the volume of fire is enough, they will drop all the way into the turret. I had one that came under ATG fire and the TC popped up to use the .50. Bad move as the following round killed him.

Thanks, I didn't realize that there was a partially exposed position for the TC.